Beginner at 3d printing cant print a complete car :(

friendlydrone

Posted · Beginner at 3d printing cant print a complete car :(

Tried printing Nissan Fairlady 350z and after numerous tutorial video and and long soul searching trip still cant find out the problem, just added support onto the print and enlarge the scale abit.

5a33276698714_NissanJibai(2).thumb.jpeg.c66a7c7072a60c58c4f948dbcadfbc0b.jpeg[/media]5a332766ad5ed_NissanJibai(3).thumb.jpeg.f21dea132bfa12ac09d3bee61bbb3d63.jpeg5a332766beb45_NissanJibai(4).thumb.jpeg.a239ad8884181e085175393e920401bb.jpeg when opened in Cura layered view its fine everything looks good... but it came out like this any advice to for newbie? how do i adjust the setting? and how to fix it? thanks in advance!

5a33276698714_NissanJibai(2).thumb.jpeg.c66a7c7072a60c58c4f948dbcadfbc0b.jpeg

5a332766ad5ed_NissanJibai(3).thumb.jpeg.f21dea132bfa12ac09d3bee61bbb3d63.jpeg

5a332766beb45_NissanJibai(4).thumb.jpeg.a239ad8884181e085175393e920401bb.jpeg

What kind of printer? I assume you don't have a dual heat?

Please put your printer in your profile settings.

Yeah this is a difficult print. The hood is clearly too thin in a spot. If you know cad you should thicken it. In fact I would separate this into several separate parts. The wheels should be printed on their sides separately. I rarely use support and just create my own supports in CAD as needed and split the part up as needed.

I'm guessing the wheels are completely covered in support? That looks tough to remove. You could use a larger XY gap. Maybe. But then it might not do any support at all. I would have to see the original model.

Most of the rest came out okay except the roof. If you just slow it down - set ALL printing speeds (not travel moves) to 25mm/sec and your quality will go up on the bodey.

The roof needs some kind of support. It's just not designed for 3d printing. I would probably print that separate with custom supports so that it can be flipped over after printing and the support gently removed. If you have a dual head printer this is trivial as you can use dissolvable supports and print the whole car as one.

these models are usually not that good, look at the xray view to detect problems (red).

Most of the time the windows and other thin parts are modelled as surfaces and are not printed (no solids), but they show up in Cura. Look at the layer view in Cura to compare your printed messy parts.