Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
The3DPrintStudio

Remote printing

On my other 3d printer I use octoprint to manage prints and save g-code that I can print when needed since I do a lot of the same prints over and over. Is there a way to have a similar setup with the Ultimaker 3, either using octoprint or by using the built in UM3 features?

Hi,

Not for the moment i fear. The gcodes are saved somewhere but at the moment you can't access the previous print jobs

I think it will probably come around someday but they are probably other important features that are focused on at the moment

You could save the files on the cloud and send them to the printer using the ios/andriod app. This way you can have a backup.

The easiest solution should be that Cura actually allows to just send a saved gcode by wifi... I have not check cura 2.4 but I don't think they have that simple option yet.

Unfortunately the g-code loader wasn't done in time. Partially because it was the first "big" feature that aleph objects (Lulzbot) added to Cura. This made the whole process slower.

Edited by Guest