Any ideas of how to fix this error in the print?

Posted (edited) · Any ideas of how to fix this error in the print?

Hi all.

First post ever in a community blog. I've had the ultimaker original for almost 3 years now. I love it and it prints amazing. I've been having some small issues on the prints. I notice that it happens sometimes, I assume depending on the shape of the model and position on the bed (?)

Here are some pictures of the error.

IMG_0552.thumb.JPG.684869f6dd6397cd80e5b27933b943d2.JPG

Can you see on those gaps on the side of the internal faces?

Could it be the tension of the belts? They look to me tight and firm all of them.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

L./

IMG_0552.thumb.JPG.684869f6dd6397cd80e5b27933b943d2.JPG

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Posted (edited) · Any ideas of how to fix this error in the print?

Check the shortbelts tension. That, unless is underextrusion (feeder full of dust cuopler dead/near dead) or filament not being 2.85mm (3.01 can cause underextrusion due pressure) it should be the belts.

Check this guide

http://support.3dverkstan.se/article/23-a-visual-ultimaker-troubleshooting-guide#wallspace

Edited by Guest

Posted · Any ideas of how to fix this error in the print?

Thanks! I will check the belts.

I was having a lot of similar problems on my UMO+ (mainly underextrusion), and aside from one loose pulley, changing the teflon coupler has gotten me back to printing like new. I'm guessing I have about 500 hours on my printer and have done 99% PLA.

So I recommend getting yourself a new teflon coupler and maybe buy a spare for future use. My old coupler did not look bad--it wasn't burned or anything--but it no longer had a square edge at the exit end, which was allowing the filament to bulge before it entered the PEEK part, and that caused excessive friction.

Another symptom was filament grinding at the feeder periodically, and sometimes a filament jam at the beginning of a print. Also it was getting difficult to remove filament from the bowden tube when I would change spools due to the bulge formed at the tip of the filament.

• Like 1

Omg I'm blind and now I see.

Clearly that's totally right @rowiac. That shows underextrusion and not walls not touching. Also I just did read again the post. You been printing 3 years without a change!?

Also try to get a TFM coupler from a 3dsolex reseller, is the material UM2+ uses and should give you a much longer life span than the old PTFE glass filled couplers.

@neotko,

I have looked around for TFM couplers for the UMO/UMO+ and the only place I found one was on eBay from a seller in Germany. Maybe it's less necessary on the UMO/+ than on a UM2, but it would still be nice to have a really long lasting coupler.

Thanks @neotko

@Dim3nsioneer any idea what shipping cost would be to the US? No one else seems to have these and even 3D Solex doesn't have them on their site.

• Like 1

You might want to ask @gr5 if he import them to usa

• Like 1

Thanks! I just ordered one.