Possible profile for 0.040 and 0.020 ?

Gigi

• 3 weeks later...
Posted · Possible profile for 0.040 and 0.020 ?

I have managed to tweak out a 0.04mm (40 microns) but cannot get a 0.02mm (20 microns) to come out right. I get all sorts of colored boxes. I will return to that once I finish playing with basic filaments and such to start to fine tune to that level when needed.

BTW...I really did not see much difference (for my purposes so far) in the detail level. But I know it will come and will be trying to set that up.

0.04 produces a lot better quality then 0.02.

if you use a smaller nozzle then you get a lot more detail. but then its had to control extrusion at such small rates.

Don't expect a profile for this. its something that you will just need to learn the advanced settings and how to best tweek them to get what you require.

0.04 produces a lot better quality then 0.02.

if you use a smaller nozzle then you get a lot more detail. but then its had to control extrusion at such small rates.

Don't expect a profile for this. its something that you will just need to learn the advanced settings and how to best tweek them to get what you require.

That is good to know. I just foresee a reason to go to this level at some point. I guess the biggest reason for the question was the specs listed have the 20 micron level listed, so I would think it would be a 'preset'. But, I guess that's what I get for trying to think. LOL

I'll have to play with that whence I finish me filament tests.

Thanks!!

Spec wise yes you can print at 0.02 and the ability in the software is present, but really by the eye you can't​ see a difference between 0.02 and 0.04.

A profile will come if and when they release a 0.25 nozzle but it won't be 0.02 layer height. Im guessing 0.04 maybe.

If you really need to print that fine then get a form2.

Due to buildplate size I would go for the Raise3D N2+ as it can go to 10 microns. Buildplate size offers the ability to print large, single prints for structural integrity (not on that level of detail, but just large) as well as small things. My reseasrch has been more towards medical/prosthetic applications where detail can become that important.

But, I like to push my equipment when I am learning. My motto is: I can't work it if I can't fix it and I can't fix it if I don't break it." LOL

And my poor UM3+ is getting a beating at my clumsy hands and it still keeps on keeping on despite my best efforts to destroy it. ;) Very, very robust machine indeed.

Yeah I wouldn't go for a Raise3d especially if you need fine details. At that level filament printers are not the best option, although they are getting better they cant compete with a SLA just yet. Anyway a Ultimaker will provide better details and quality despite the Raise3D 10 micron claims as they have a few major design flaws.

Maybe have design flaws, but they are getting better and the 10 micron is not as important as the build area available.

And the ability to make solid structures from materials not cleared yet or just now getting spare parts (Specific nozzle amendments) that increase other capabilities such as the Fiber Glass, Kevlar, and Carbon Fiber materials I will have to use eventually.

But build area is really my biggest concern. And, the cost of a Raise 3D is worth it to find out and stress test a machine. There are others, but they are completely open and I'm not keen on that at all for a variety of reasons.