Cura 2.4 Fans not starting?

LePaul

Posted · Cura 2.4 Fans not starting?

Okay, this one has me stumped

On my Ultimaker 2+ running the latest firmware (installed once 2+ Extruder upgrade installed)

I'm printing with nGen which uses low fan, in my prints, fan is set to 15%.

I observe the first layer go on, expect to see fans turn on on the second...nothing.

I look at the settings on the Ultimaker 2+ console and see the Fan % is at 1%

I manually set the fans to 15% and off they go

But I've had to do this for a couple prints now. One, even set to 15%, the fans didn't move until I physically spun the fans with my finger.

What's going on?

There are other fan settings - suggest you go to visibility settings and turn them all on and then you will see what your settings are - e.g. at what layer height do fans reach 100%. There are 11 Cooling options and you are only looking at 4 of them. 8)

• 1 year later...

I am currently having the same issue. I have to physically turn all three of my fans to get them to power on. I am surprised this did not get more attention as I do not know how to fix this 😕

On 11/26/2018 at 8:07 PM, sfeldman said:

I am currently having the same issue. I have to physically turn all three of my fans to get them to power on. I am surprised this did not get more attention as I do not know how to fix this 😕

Like yellowshark said, there are more fan settings, did you check them out?

Maybe you should be more specific then saying you have the same problem and that your surprised it didn't get more attention.

Like Yellowshark said, there are more fan settings, did you check them out?

Using the search function results in more then enough topics on fan settings, did you read through them to find how fan settings work and have you applied them and still it doesn't work? 

I have all of my fan options open. I have fans on the ultimaker 2+ set to 100%. I have regular fan speed set to 20% and I understand that could be why the side fans do not start but my extruder fan does not start either and that should automatically kick on once it reaches 40C yet I have to start all my fans by turning them with my fingers or tweezers.

In this case - i guess - it does not get more attention, because it is not a common problem. And it is not related to Cura at all.

It sounds like the hotend cooling fan on your printer is somehow blocked / dirty / broken and needs to be replaced?

In addition: if the regular fan speed is set to only 20%, take sure that this happens on a distinct layer and not partially distributed through several layers. Not all fans start-up well on this low voltages.