Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Job_van_gennip

0.8mm nozzle on the ultimaker 3

Hi all,

I just recently got a new type of printcore that uses a very similar technique as the Olson block.

I wanted to try printing with this core on the Ultimaker 3 in different settings and especially with different sized nozzles. However Cura does not support different nozzle sizes yet. Does anyone have any ideas how I could fix this? Is there maybe a hidden setting that I have overlooked?

With kind regards,

Job van Gennip

So does that make the nozzle width on the Printer settings dialogue box superfluous? Why is it there if you set the nozzle size via the line width? Why is it*7/8 rather than *1?. What happens, if anything, if the nozzle size in the Printer settings is set to .4 but the line width is set to .8*7/8?

Just trying to understand fully how this stuff works if I want to swap from 0.4 to 0.8

So does that make the nozzle width on the Printer settings dialogue box superfluous?

Yes, kind of. The Machine Settings applies the change to all profiles. If you set the line width in the sidebar, you only change it for the current (custom) profile.

Why is it there if you set the nozzle size via the line width? Why is it*7/8 rather than *1?.

The materials team makes the standard profiles. They determined you get slightly better results with a linewidth that is slightly smaller than the (advertised) nozzle diameter.

What happens, if anything, if the nozzle size in the Printer settings is set to .4 but the line width is set to .8*7/8?

What you set in the sidebar trumps what you set in the Machine Settings.