Possible first layer issues?

lschachtner

Posted · Possible first layer issues?

Hi all,

I am using the Ultimaker 3 with transparent Ultimaker PLA and I believe I am having some issues with the first layer of print. It doesn't look as clean or nice as the images of a "Successful first layer" posted in the resources section. I am using Cura with default settings and have the Ultimaker set on active leveling. I have attached images of a first layer. Please let me know if you have any suggestions, or if this looks somewhat normal.

Thank you!

IMG_20170316_113736.thumb.jpg.e9a14ab17e1c51373800831c4e047ef2.jpg

IMG_20170316_114317.thumb.jpg.bcb659eaf22581b2bef1bc571a03d2d9.jpg

IMG_20170316_114349.thumb.jpg.55d0c5296520565e7d01a00bc4f094db.jpg

IMG_20170316_113736.thumb.jpg.e9a14ab17e1c51373800831c4e047ef2.jpg

IMG_20170316_114317.thumb.jpg.bcb659eaf22581b2bef1bc571a03d2d9.jpg

IMG_20170316_114349.thumb.jpg.55d0c5296520565e7d01a00bc4f094db.jpg

Posted · Possible first layer issues?

Hi @lschachtner, thank you for your post and welcome to our community!

Congratulations on your new Ultimaker 3. How has it been working for you so far?

About your bed leveling, it may be difficult to see how well your first thin (transparant) layer sits on your (transparant) glass bed. It is a known 'thing' that it is difficult to see with transparant filament. Do you also have other colors available to run a test with?

I am not sure if some patterns you see here are just amplified due to the transparant filament or if it indeed something to do with the leveling.

If you could do a print with like red or blue or silver that would probably be a bit easier to diagnose.

Besides this; how did the print finish? OK?