Beta testing Cura 2.5 | Closed.

SandervG

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted · Beta testing Cura 2.5 | Closed.

Guys, where are the material cost and weight settings been saved? n

I know, not in the .fdm_material-files, but where else?

I´s a bit annoying typing prices for the same material sets in at two PC's... :-(

Any hint?

The values are stored per the GUID value. Unfortunately when you duplicate a material this also duplicates the GUID, and so it "links" the materials together

But what is faster/draftier/coarser: Draft or Coarse? Struggles....:angry:

Draft is coarser than coarse. 'Coarse' means with low resolution, 'draft' means "I don't care about resolution"

That's my 2 cents..

And, if i set my own gcode for temps, Cura set this temps but place its own temp code in the beginning of the gcode also. In 2.4 Cura set no own temps when the variables for this was in the gcode.

Ah that sounds like a regression. Perhaps the parsing of the start gcode is broken.

Sadly that's not really a problem for Ultimaker printers, so I don't think we'll spend any time on fixing this issue.

Sadly that's not really a problem for Ultimaker printers, so I don't think we'll spend any time on fixing this issue.

Aww, come on! You break it, you fix it ;-)

And, if i set my own gcode for temps, Cura set this temps but place its own temp code in the beginning of the gcode also. In 2.4 Cura set no own temps when the variables for this was in the gcode.

Ah that sounds like a regression. Perhaps the parsing of the start gcode is broken.

that sounds not good :(

found out, that if i set the gcode and dont open the settings dialog again, the gcode stays. but if i open and close the settings menu, some code will be removed.

First let me say congratulations and thanks to the the entire Cura development team for their efforts. The 2.5 Beta release is pretty amazing. As an S3D user, I especially appreciate the ability to turn off Slice Automatically. And who wouldn't like the new Layer View?

A bit of a mystery though. When I select the .8 Nozzle Print Core & Material, I only have Draft Print. No other choices. Am I missing something?

I see that a new option has been added to allow the Bottom Pattern Initial Layer to be different than the top and bottom layer patterns. Great idea. I'd like to suggest that the Top and Bottom Layers have their own pattern choice. i.e. Bottom Layer > lines, Top Layer > Concentric. Mostly this is an aesthetic consideration, but sometimes a concentric bottom layer has problems adhering to the build plate. Perhaps the new Initial Bottom Layer choice will be sufficient, but why stop there?

As a SolidWorks user, I am also a fan of Zoom In scroll wheel going to the mouse pointer location.

Just my 2¢ worth . . .

Frank Cowles

A bit of a mystery though.  When I select the .8 Nozzle Print Core & Material, I only have Draft Print.  No other choices.  Am I missing something?

The materials team isn't quite done with the profiles, so they aren't there yet. Another thing is that both extruders must have the same quality, as quality defines the layer height (which must be the same). So if one extruder only supports draft, the other is also limited to draft (or draft like) quality.

I see that a new option has been added to allow the Bottom Pattern Initial Layer to be different than the top and bottom layer patterns.  Great idea. I'd like to suggest that the Top and Bottom Layers have their own pattern choice.  i.e. Bottom Layer > lines, Top Layer > Concentric. Mostly this is an aesthetic consideration, but sometimes a concentric bottom layer has problems adhering to the build plate.  Perhaps the new Initial Bottom Layer choice will be sufficient, but why stop there?

Because I nagged for the bottom layer pattern :) I noticed that quite a few models print a lot better (less warp) if you put bottom layer to Concentric.

As a SolidWorks user, I am also a fan of Zoom In scroll wheel going to the mouse pointer location.

I've already added a feature to 2.6 to invert the zoom direction. I think the zoom in mouse direction has a good shot at being in 2.6, as a lot of people ask for it (and i don't think it's going to be that hard to build).

• Like 2

preheat timer

Just tried the preheat function. Previously my Ultimaker3 bed temp did not get higher than 97c (with a closed front). But with the pre-heat (or the new firmware??) I'm now getting to 110c !!! yeah !!! it did take 22.5 minutes (may even go higher, i stopped at 110)

And there's the thing, the timer is set to 15 minutes, then the preheats breaks and the bed cools again, so you have to keep an eye on it.... Can you please set the timer to a bit longer time?

@smartavionics I think the new spiralize works very good..... except for multi material... strange moves...and blobs.

MultiColorSpiralise.thumb.png.566da01b3ba4e94279958c4ce5d88d37.png

spiralBack.thumb.png.877bd1e70d08232f876c3831aae23e96.png

MultiColorSpiralise.thumb.png.566da01b3ba4e94279958c4ce5d88d37.png

spiralBack.thumb.png.877bd1e70d08232f876c3831aae23e96.png

Hi ultiarjan, thanks for the feedback. Please start a new thread so we can discuss this problem. I would like to learn more about the model and the multi-material aspects. I admit that I have not considered multiple materials being used with spiralize.

Thanks for your reply Nallath.

So -

I'd still like to suggest that the Top and Bottom Layers each have their own pattern choice. i.e. Bottom Layer > lines, Top Layer > Concentric.

Any chance this will make it into 2.6?

Thanks again . . .

Found out, the change of the gcode happens if i change the printer model also. not good.

One more Problem, i cant place things inside a other thing. Means, i place a big thing with a U form and cant place small things inside the U. Thats a waste of printspace.

Hi ultiarjan, thanks for the feedback. Please start a new thread so we can discuss this problem. I would like to learn more about the model and the multi-material aspects. I admit that I have not considered multiple materials being used with spiralize.

sure;

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/39758-cura25-spiralize-multi-material

One more Problem, i cant place things inside a other thing. Means, i place a big thing with a U form and cant place small things inside the U. Thats a waste of printspace.

Preferences / General / Ensure models are kept apart (uncheck)

• Like 1

This is a "problem" with how we calculate the shapes. In order to simplify this caluclation, we use convex hulls. Don't expect this to change anytime soon.

Posted (edited) · Beta testing Cura 2.5 | Closed.

This is a "problem" with how we calculate the shapes. In order to simplify this caluclation, we use convex hulls. Don't expect this to change anytime soon.

But you actually can disable that auto option and place objects inside one another, manually. Indeed for an automatic system Cura does it quite ok, there's no slicer that can arrange automatically inside that empty areas (except some very expensive programs for 3d object auto arrange).

Like on this:

um3stuffcuracross.thumb.jpg.8534aba5f58d1a707c35e9665a4fd45c.jpg

um3stuffcura.thumb.jpg.92e7a17128f468965926548e6b0f5c3a.jpg

Edit: Upss sorry @DaHai8 you already posted this :D

um3stuffcuracross.thumb.jpg.8534aba5f58d1a707c35e9665a4fd45c.jpg

um3stuffcura.thumb.jpg.92e7a17128f468965926548e6b0f5c3a.jpg

Edited by Guest

... so no "nesting" option soon :-)

But this might be a possibility for a "nesting" plugin - ehh...?

• Like 1

... so no "nesting" option soon :-)

But this might be a possibility for a "nesting" plugin - ehh...?

Oh a Nesting pluging could be so nice! I seen some nesting software for SLS stuff and they are expensive, but ofc they can arrange objects anywhere they want, so it might be actually be easier (but doesn't seem an easy thing at all).

Group the objects. Intersections in the group are ignored.

• Like 1

@ultiarjan how did you get this layer view? Is it the difference Mac-Windows?

(I want this too...)

https://twitter.com/UltiArjan

5a3329a02bf7c_layerview2.5.thumb.png.f6f9ead83040e75dad5f968db54440ad.png

takes up a lot of space....

5a3329a02bf7c_layerview2.5.thumb.png.f6f9ead83040e75dad5f968db54440ad.png