Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
kmanstudios

Tip for the clumsy from the Noobverse

Should it need to be repeated for those like myself...know where the HOT PARTS ARE!!! :p

DonotForgetItIsHot.jpg

It is called the HOT END for a reason LOL :D

Gots millions of stories of slicing off the tips of my fingers from the old days of x-actos and metal straight edges and other life endangering exploits....huuurrrrmmmmm......

Yes that's what those little triangle warning stickers are for.

They don't work. They're just something you look at before choosing to completely ignore them. :)

And I think all 3D people with some hours on their printer have been there, haven't we? Myself, I've got several build plates so I can do a quick swap when a print is finished and keep the machine going. I'll be printing a bunch of PLA parts, then switch to ASA. And then completely forget that the build plate is now 85 degrees. I can always manage to remove it so I end up holding it before it registers that this is not something I should be holding without gloves. That's the story about how I invented 3D print/glass plate juggling.

• Like 1

Yes that's what those little triangle warning stickers are for.

They don't work. They're just something you look at before choosing to completely ignore them. :)

So true!!

....then completely forget that the build plate is now 85 degrees.
Being American, I keep forgetting that this is all metric and 85°C certainly ain't the same as 85°F. LOL

....That's the story about how I invented 3D print/glass plate juggling.
Gonna have to steal that one!! <3