Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
bschulte

WIFI connection failure

Hi All,

Last week my new UM3 suddenly had no wifi connection anymore and ever since I can't get it connected anymore. Nothing changed at my network. I did however, from the start, had some trouble every now and then that wifi connection was lost during printing. But restarting the software solved that issue until last week.

I've tried resetting to factory settings but no luck.

It's fails at the point where it wants to connect to my home network. Creating Hotspot is ok. When I go to my pc or phone to complete setup it will I can create name and select wifi network. But it will fail at one point with 'unable to connect to wifi'.

any one a suggestion?

Update: in the meantime I've managed to connect with UM3 again, but I must say it's not a stable one.

Sometimes connection is lost again and I have to restart Cura and/or UM3 to regain connection. But to be honest: i think it has something to do with my network.

I do have a question though: Is it so, that whenever I switch on my UM3 and PC I have to allow the computer to grand access the UM3 on UM3display? If so, me not happy because I've chosen the wifi because of separate room for my printers. Or is this, as I can imagine, created because of my trouble with wifi and is it not 'normal' behavior to ask for accepting access?

Is it so, that whenever I switch on my UM3 and PC I have to allow the computer to grand access the UM3 on UM3display?

No, that is not intended. The intention is to have to authorize a computer only once.