Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
hp-65

What upgrades are included in a today's UM?

Three short questions to the UM staff:

1) If I buy an UM today, are all of the upgrades built-in?

- V2 hot end

- extruder drive upgrade

- knurled bolt, V3

2) Do you still offer a completely assembled machine or

was this service a one-time promotion offer?

3) I read about a dual extruder upgrade.

Any release date/plans yet?

Thanks

HP

Everything except the UltiController is included in the DIY kit.

The assembled machines can be bought from the shop (they are in their own category). Note that the assembled have a longer lead-time (due to high demand) we are working on reducing this. The assembled machine includes the Ulticontroller and all upgrades. Properly calibrated and tested, including "proof of proper printing" left on the machine. Only thing you would need to do is calibrate the bed level again (as this gets moved due to shipping)

Dual-extrusion might be released as a highly experimental (no warranty) kit. We're not sure yet. I've build 3 dual-extrusion machines so far, and 2 of those have major problems (one of those so major that I removed the 2nd extruder). And I never got the printing results that are in the "good to great" category (I do not think any other producer gets great quality multi-color prints, as I see little to none multi-color photos online)