Cura 2.4 and One-At-A-Time - RESOLVED

peterbrown77

Posted (edited) · Cura 2.4 and One-At-A-Time - RESOLVED

Hola -

I have a bunch of small identical parts to print. They are washers, approx 45mm x 35mm x 3mm thick. I want to finish printing one before moving to another.

I know that when I duplicate them, I need to not group or merge them so that Cura sees them as individual objects. Not a problem.

This is a long print job (15+ hours) and before I start I want to make sure I have the setting correct.

Is there some combination of retract height versus part height I need to pay attention to so that it actually finished a washer before going to the next? Having it do one layer at a time for all parts leaves a lot of messy filaments.

TIA

Edited by Guest

Posted · Cura 2.4 and One-At-A-Time - RESOLVED

I think this feature is broken in cura 2.4 (first object prints nicely then the second print starts to high and fails...) maybe i'm wrong but i think not

\

I'm going to find out lol. I just set 2 parts to print, the first one went beautifully (I'm using TPU, and it's brutal). It just started #2 and it looks okay so far.

One problem though was that when it finished #1 it dwelled there for a good 30 seconds before going to start #2. As a consequence I have a blob of TPU on the part. Any ideas how to get it to lift to retract height when it's done?

TIA

So the #2 failed. It did look like the nozzle was high though I think it layed the bottom layer correctly....

Since 2.4 is problematic, is there a stable release of Cura that you trust?

for "one at a time" I use cura 15.X

I think cura 2.3 and 2.4 are broken for "one at a time".

for one thing I think they ignore the print head size, and I get items crashing into the print head.

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/39281-cura-not-using-user-set-machine-print-head-size

I find that if I have more than 3 parts, Cura 2.3/2.4/2.5 won't even slice them at "one at time". It says none of them are in the volume, which is untrue. It can do more than 3 if I increase the layer height (reduce the number of slices) and generally make the part lower quality but even then, there is an upper limit to how many Cura can slice. This should be pretty easy for the software to handle.

My one at a time issue was due to the fact that my print head size was incorrect in the printer definition - it was 1.7 x 240 mm. Making it 1.7 x 1.7 allowed it to slice one at a time successfully. Thanks to the developers.