Strange Temp Sensor Bed Error Ultimaker 2+

Posted · Strange Temp Sensor Bed Error Ultimaker 2+

Alright so here's the scoop, I'm having a very odd issue with my printer and I need your guys input.

I'm a prop maker and I'm currently working on a helmet that consist of multiple parts that take anywhere from 8 hours to 16 hours to print. It all started after I finished an 11 hour print, I removed the part once the bed had cooled and I began another print and was met with this error

I contacted Fbrc8 support and we began to troubleshoot the issue. I checked the temp 3 connection to the main board and the connection to the heated build plate itself and both seemed to be fine. I even checked the resistance of the connectors to the heated build plate and those readings were fine. We decided that it wasn't the heated bed but the main board itself that wasn't functioning, fast forward to today, I received the replacement board and installed it with no issues. I fired up the printer and it took me to the setup wizard, when it got to the third step the build plate began to move up and suddenly the error appeared on the screen again
This was odd to me because the build plate wasn't being heated up and yet I was still experiencing the temp error. I went back and re watched the first and second video and I noticed that when the build plate is rising, it reaches a certain height and an audible sound can be heard accompanied by the error message so I did a test which can be seen here https://youtu.be/UUK8GBdArQU. I have to wait till Monday for a response from Fbrc8 so I thought id come here and see if I could get any help or theories of whats going on. I'm working on a commission right now that has a VERY close deadline and I need this issue fixed or I am totally screwed.

Posted · Strange Temp Sensor Bed Error Ultimaker 2+

Hi Aiden_Pearce,

What you describe here is a typical error to be expected sooner or later. The bed heater and the bed heath sensor wiring is moving every times the bed is mowed, so this wires will break at some time. Move the bed a half way up, then move the wires a little to see if the error MSG. show up at the display. There is two places that's the wires are more prone to break, this is close to the bed "strain release" clamp and at the place where the wires enter the printer. This is a weak point of the printer and should be the first place to check for such an error.

The same is true for the wiring going to the extruder head and this one suffer much more due to high intense movements.

So to conclude here, this is the first places to expect this type of error.

Thanks.

Torgeir.