Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
mesacrash

Cura won't open.

Same here!!! I got 2.5 installed and it did open once but the materials window looked way wonky so I shut it down and restarted it. No good!! So then I uninstalled 2.5, rebooted, and reinstalled 2.4 and now THAT won't open either!!! I did a search of my system for "Cura" and got no results, but a MANUAL search of my system showed a butt load of plugin folders in a system folder named........you guessed it: Cura 2.4 AND Cura 2.5 that were never removed during the uninstall. Even a manual delete of both those system folders before reinstalling didn't fix the problem. I have a bad feeling that the 2.5 install jacked something in the registry and, just like those folders, didn't revert after the uninstall!! Stuck in the middle of a printer mod build with only half the parts printed, and FINALLY got my bed re-leveled, and NOW I don't have a slicer!!

I am a virgin. I am running Windows 10. I have downloaded Cura, won't open. I downloaded Slicer, it won't open. Minutes ago, I downloaded Reptier. It will open but I am not at alll familiar with it so I will try it in the morning. I really wanted to use Cura but I don't know what to do.

I've got the same problem !

Error writing file: Cura.exe

Installation folder: "C:\Program Files\Cura 2.5" , "C:\Program Files\Cura" did not work either.

Clicking "Ignore" and the rest of the installation seems to be OK.

Cura.exe file length = 0

total size: 369 339 631 bytes

Uninstalling and the program map is deleted.

Retry the installation with same result

Cura 2.3 are in a separate folder.

Using Win10pro 64-bit (updated)

Lot of disk (94G) and memory (10G) free

Intel Xeon E5-1650

Nvidia Quadro K2000 (1.2G used of 2G)

Edited by Guest

Do you think you can send me an working 2.5 Cura.exe file?

It might work if I paste it into the folder...

Tried to unpack "Cura-2.5.0-win64.exe" using 7-zip, and there are no Cura.exe there.

in 7-Zip file window, Cura.exe is 15265 bytes, but I don't seem to be able to extract it.

If I unpack the  "Cura-2.4.0-win64.exe" then I get a Cura.exe there.

Edited by Guest

Cura-2.5.0-win64.exe is 96,803KB in size. If you download is a different size, then try downloading it again.

Also try running the install as Administrator: Right click on Cura-2.5.0-win64.exe and select 'Run as Administrator'

See if that helps.

I just downloaded it and installed fresh with no issues.

I've tried to run it as administrator to.

And even removed all protections from the folder.

And file zise are the same.

and have tried to download again. using Firefox 52.0.2

And tried with Edge, with same result.

Both times I get CRC:A63930E6

Edited by Guest

I have the same issue, just removed Cura 2.3, Cura 2.5 beta and removed the folder in AppData. I'va also tried to run as administrator and with antivirus disable dwhile installing (also tried when launching) Nothing. Running on Windows 10 Creators Update / I4770K / GTX 1070 / 16 Gb ram

Well... It seems like my antivirus, WebRoot, thinks that Cura.exe [2.5] contains [W32.Malware.Gen]. I'm on a corporate network, and are not allowed to disable the antivirus, and if i tell IT that I what to install a program that are flagged as containing malware...

Well... It seems like my antivirus, WebRoot, thinks that Cura.exe [2.5] contains [W32.Malware.Gen]. I'm on a corporate network, and are not allowed to disable the antivirus, and if i tell IT that I what to install a program that are flagged as containing malware...

We know the Baidu virusscanner gives a false positive on Cura 2.5, but Webroot seems to not find anything: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b64ede0e1dd24aaa17cf444ed18d5027cad3db69dd286e65c3a585e96659d749/analysis/1492763796/