Sign in to follow this  
muthm

Marlin Builder returning 0 kb files

Posted · Marlin Builder returning 0 kb files

I am using Daid's Marlin Builder: http://daid.eu/~daid/marlin_build/

The only thing I am chaning from default is the heated bed tempature sensor 100k

When building the code the hex file and the windows zip files are 0k only the h file contains some code.

What am I doing wrong?

You did nothing wrong, the server is breaking down. (quite literal)

You'll have to build it the hard way - yourself. google marlin. There are at least 2 detailed posts out there that describe how to build it yourself with step by step instructions. There's a lot of steps (e.g. you need the arduino IDE) but it's not too bad. I was able to do the whole thing (including lots of time reading the configuration.h file) in about an hour. The configuration.h file is where you set things like heated bed settings.

Thanks Gents. So it is the hardware way than.

I did some Ardunio programming before, so should be OK. Got the Marlin package, changed the Configuration.h to include the heated bed and the source compiles (I left everything else as is as the builder looks to have the same settings). I will upload it later to the board in the UM, hopefully it all works.

I am struggling. Somehow I can not get the bed pins to issue 12V. In Cura I can still only see the temp of the extrusion head (not sure that is expected). M105 wont give me the temp read out in terminal

Cura should notice the bed when you connect (when you hit print icon). Either you aren't sending the version of marlin that you built or the Configuration.h file isn't quite right. I'll post my Configuration.h which works for heated bed. Feel free to post yours also.

Here is mine:

http://gr5.org/Configuration.h

Any plan to make it work again, or should i start thinking about doing it the hard way?

Any plan to make it work again, or should i start thinking about doing it the hard way?

I lost some essential files. And it's not my main priority. I have a corrupt database for something else to recover first.