Why are the others so much better? comparison with a other user.... :-(

Edel

Posted (edited) · Why are the others so much better? comparison with a other user.... :-(

Hi,

At the moment I do not understand the whole 3D-printing-world anymore. I have been here for a year now, ups and downs in 3D printing came and at the same time I also improved a lot and also post processing.

Overhangs are still a really big problem here. So post-processing are a big and a time-consuming problem.

example

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/y85oloenqkfqbqx/AABw4mFaYx_RxwYw-aWs1fgEa

In another forum, which is about the props building, now someone bought a 3-D printer, a cheap at the zortrax m200.

Without 3d printing expertise, the other user then just started to print and even with ABS!!! He did not know about PLA and easier printing.

This ABS role was with him in the package and it worked, fantastic results ..

For example, his ABS part:

img0114khj8e2ndw9_thumb.jpg

And after post-processing, he do not acetone smoothing, only sanding and putty / filler.

img0132p2a8lu7ckb_thumb.jpg

I wanted give him many helpful tips, so that he did not have the same such a long odyssey, as I am at the post-processing.

I need days to sand and fill up the rills and again. But he did everything alone, in a record speed of less than one day per part and makes great things. He also does not do anything great, as he told me, the parts come out of the m200 with out overhangs ! then he sands over, that’s it.

I'm so sad, that I really do everything for so long time. Even I cant  print ABS directly error-free and he can as new member, directly

One of the biggest jokes, is that he does not even print as fine as I do, I often use 0.04 mm or even finer to have little stairs which I have to sand away, but the M200 can only 0.09 maximum !!!

Other example

If I would print this part so, I would know

1. Support on the bottom side, which are hardly and very difficult to clean up.

2. the botton layer which is in contact with the support, would be not clean and weavy.. ...

His printing position

img0231ze93h8c7ua_thumb.jpg

this is the side, which lay on the grid

img02848wi4m2ko9z_thumb.jpg

and this is the part after post processing, right and left side

stbassaultphaseb3ya1k7rcl_thumb.jpg

stbassaultphasexj4r50ed3m_thumb.jpg

but what do i do wrong, that i spent so many days, yes nealy a week on a perfect part and others can make it in one day.....

i want this also :(

Edited by Guest