Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
TazFaunoz

MICRO-CHANNELS with PLA

Hi guys!

I need to print some micro-channels with PLA. I have an Ultimaker 3 Extended. What are the best printer's settings?

The measures of the object are about 10x10x3 (mm)

The width of the channel is about 0,1 mm (better if less)

Thank you ;)

Jacopo

Hi and welcome to the community!

Can you share maybe a picture of how it looks like?

0.1mm is quite small so it has to be quite fine tuned i guess. I would probably try to print as cold as possible and slow to (20mm/s - 30mm/s).

I don't really know what micro channels are but i guess it's some empty cylinders of 0.1mm?

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Hi and welcome to the community!

Can you share maybe a picture of how it looks like?

0.1mm is quite small so it has to be quite fine tuned i guess. I would probably try to print as cold as possible and slow to (20mm/s - 30mm/s).

I don't really know what micro channels are but i guess it's some empty cylinders of 0.1mm?

Hi dude!

Thanks for the answer.

Yea maybe 0,1 is too small. I've seen on the literature thta the channles's width is about 200-400 micron.

What do you mean when u say "cold as possible"?

And what about the others parameters?

This is the image.

400px-Geometric_configuration_of_the_microchannels.png.2b38519205a048d380ec18290bf0c9cc.png

Hi! I just modeled a simple plate with

W = 13.5 mm , L = 75mm , Hc ~2mm

Wc = 0.4mm and Ww = 0.2mm in the model I loaded in Cura.

It looks like Wc is slightly bigger and Ww is slightly smaller in the actual printed model, which is visible in the pictures below. But there is a gap between the lines, and this was printed with the PLA normal profile, no changes.

20170502_145351.thumb.jpg.78661eb16f93eebe8ea8a76dfbe9edd9.jpg

20170502_145232.thumb.jpg.848b0f06246df72e3cd726b2b872e463.jpg