Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Something wrong during slicing...


makingzone

Recommended Posts

Posted · Something wrong during slicing...

I've got trouble to slice this 2 parts design with solidworks then export to STL...

This 2 parts is an assembling of 3 parts, and the 3rd (the biggest) was slice and print without trouble...

Do you think the clips are the cause of the issue ?

Part1

Part2

 

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted · Something wrong during slicing...

    Hi Elbozo

    They slice up in Netfabb no problem once it was oriented to sit on it's back on the platform.

    The clips won't print great without support due to the 90 degree overhang.

     

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted · Something wrong during slicing...

    There is the end of the log file :

    self.svgElement.getFirstChildByLocalName('title').setTextContent(os.path.basename(fileName).decode("utf-8").encode('ascii', 'replace') + ' - Slice Layers')

    UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u0301' in position 14: ordinal not in range(128)

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted · Something wrong during slicing...

    It's another one of those damn ascii encoding bugs. I've fixed it for the 13.04 release (will be out soon to get rid of some small bugs)

    Most likely your filename or path contains an "odd" character. (anything not a to z)

     

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted · Something wrong during slicing...

    Ok Daid, Thanks for informations. I'will try to rename and deplace the file, and if the problem isn't solve, wait until the 13.04 release.

     

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Archived

    This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...