A better Bed Glass - Neoceram Glass

Posted · A better Bed Glass - Neoceram Glass

I must admit that all my attempts to find a suitable glass locally failed, too. The ones from Spain asked absolutely unreal price.

So, if anyone has a suggestion for a supplier in Europe - all kudos due.

Posted (edited) · A better Bed Glass - Neoceram Glass

After the Neo-Sanding, we have de Neo-Ceram...

Neoceram is a product of a Belgian company: Haerens. They are manufacturing in Belgium and Spain.

I just found in Belgium VitreFlam which sells these locally for about 50 € tax & shipping included. They have International sites in some European countries, US and Canada.

(I don't know  them, never ordered there -- this is just FYI)

Edited by Guest
    • Like 3

I actually found a place where I can order them online here in Denmark, but not sure if its the right stuff yet (its cheaper than what I have to pay for the original glass here)

Also.. I found a certain aliexpress store that sells ceramic glass for um2, I wonder if they are reading this forum, maybe neotko is running it ;)

I wonder if they are reading this forum, maybe neotko is running it ;)

I can promise you that I make zero money sharing my stuff and posting here.

Post a link? Well maybe if they read the forum they will make better than bad clones someday.

Edit. Oh I see is the Jennyprinter clones

In my experience their stuff is crap and beyond. Maybe they are doing better stuff now, but I doubt it.

Edited by Guest

I was only joking of course :)

I have no idea about the quality, just thought it was interesting that they had it.

Also they are not really cheaper there.

Received my "glass", looks very good. First print looks fine, no issues so far.

Cost 40€ including shipping.

• Like 1

One thing the website doesn't say is that the back has a fine grid texture.

Cold you make a picture of that?

is it sanded or what is it like?

If it was sanded - wouldn't this result in an feature like a buildtak mounted?

Edited by Guest

I just found in Belgium VitreFlam which sells these locally for about 50 € tax & shipping included. They have International sites in some European countries, US and Canada.

Ahh, I found that site before...one of the foreign ones...never realized that they had "local" sites. Thanks! :)

Here is a picture. It shows a close up with a nickel on the glass to help you understand the scale. The surface is smooth-textured as you can see. I don't know anything about buildtak.

5a333e4af1933_PhotoAug1492212AM.thumb.jpg.f18a6298d9241f9e13c00bc0df57a441.jpg

Aoh!

This is rally rough. A buikdtak is more like 200grain sandpaper.

Thanks for the picture!!!

Here is a picture. It shows a close up with a nickel on the glass to help you understand the scale. The surface is smooth-textured as you can see. I don't know anything about buildtak.

5a333e4af1933_PhotoAug1492212AM.thumb.jpg.f18a6298d9241f9e13c00bc0df57a441.jpg

Wow that’s like a kitchen ceramic glass? Mine is invisible to the naked eye.

Edited by Guest

My glass vary beetwin 3.98 to 3.85mm... most of the time it works fine but I would like to get a replacement one and maybe try a hardcore cooling with those ceramic glass.

I found a local SCHOTT reseler but they don't have the ROBAX, only NEXTREMA glass-ceramic that also looks great! Anyone have tryed this one?  It's cheaper than Borosilicate glass, converting to US dolars it's 20 bucks.

Tolerance looks the same as related on specs:

Thickness t = 4.0mm

Tolerance ± 0.2 mm

An importante spec is not listed, Flatness along the diagonal. I sended an e-mail to ask about it for 4mm thickness.

Nextrema specs and promotional video

It has 6 colour, the blue gray and opaque grey looks great! Properties vary a little beetwin those. The reseller only have the transparent one. :(

Edited by Guest
    glass colours
    • Like 1

Cool @fergazz I hope they gice you more feedback. Also neoceram is cheaper than the um glass. And super flat

5a3340674a31e_Nextremaceramicglass.thumb.jpg.cf5b733d92fa0d609df4e9a795d772f9.jpg

OMG, opaque white also looks great for Ultimaker enviroment :p

• Like 1

Schott Brazil replied my e-mail with some informations.

Comparision of coefficient of expansion:

Tempered: 6.0x10^-6

Borosilicate: 3,3x10^-6

Neoceram: 0.6x10^-6 (close to zero)

Thermal shock:

Tempered: 270°C

Borosilicate: 360°C

Neoceram: 760°C

edit: The color variation in Robax and Nextrema are related to the transmission of UV and IR radiation, due to the oxides that compose the glass ceramic, but this does not interfere in the performance of the product nor in the heat transfer

They also told me that glass is monolithic and does not suffer delamination because it is a single block, but I think this does not refer only to the Nextrema or Robax, the borosilicate also, I was in doubt if the temperate is monolithic too, it was not clear .

About diagonal flatness they have not answered me yet.

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Which glass comes in UM2? Is it temperate, borosilicate or other?

Tempered glass afaik

My glass vary beetwin 3.98 to 3.85mm... most of the time it works fine but I would like to get a replacement one and maybe try a hardcore cooling with those ceramic glass.

I found a local SCHOTT reseler but they don't have the ROBAX, only NEXTREMA glass-ceramic that also looks great! Anyone have tryed this one?  It's cheaper than Borosilicate glass, converting to US dolars it's 20 bucks.

Tolerance looks the same as related on specs:

Thickness t = 4.0mm

Tolerance ± 0.2 mm

An importante spec is not listed, Flatness along the diagonal. I sended an e-mail to ask about it for 4mm thickness.

Nextrema specs and promotional video

It has 6 colour, the blue gray and opaque grey looks great! Properties vary a little beetwin those. The reseller only have the transparent one. :(

give me the contact of the dealer.

@fergazz

According to this pdf page 34 http://www.ferret.com.au/ODIN/PDF/Showcases/106092.pdf

the flatness along the diagonal D flatness.thumb.png.8ff57aa37f6ab287bef57a76d631d640.png

• Like 1

Sure @lordhell, (are you Eduardo?)

VIDRAK VISORES DE VIDRO INDUSTRIAIS

email: vendas@vidrak.com.br

I order one Nextrema last week, it's camming :)

Looks like Nextrema is more quimical resistence them Robax, but I don't know if we have some advantage for this. It can handle up to 950°C thermal resistence and shock resistance of 700-820°C. Nextrema transparency also alows for some inovating infrared heating functionalities :D

Schott Brazil tell me that they import a full-size glass, so they can't garantee this 0.3% of diagonal (for under 300mm size) because the glass plate is much bigger and can be cutted on diferent areas (?). But It should be much better than others glasses as mentioned here.

• Like 1

Sure @lordhell, (are you Eduardo?)

VIDRAK VISORES DE VIDRO INDUSTRIAIS

email: vendas@vidrak.com.br

I order one Nextrema last week, it's camming :)

Looks like Nextrema is more quimical resistence them Robax, but I don't know if we have some advantage for this. It can handle up to 950°C thermal resistence and shock resistance of 700-820°C. Nextrema transparency also alows for some inovating infrared heating functionalities :D

Schott Brazil tell me that they import a full-size glass, so they can't garantee this 0.3% of diagonal (for under 300mm size) because the glass plate is much bigger and can be cutted on diferent areas (?). But It should be much better than others glasses as mentioned here.

That’s the kind of high precision glass Misumi sells for ALOT of $. Was one of my first choices but also thought that was a bit expensive. If has good/normal adhesion please tell/share your findings. How much they charged you for it?

For reference misumi glass

https://us.misumi-ec.com/pdf/fa/2012/p2_0927.pdf

That’s the kind of high precision glass Misumi sells for ALOT of $. Was one of my first choices but also thought that was a bit expensive. If has good/normal adhesion please tell/share your findings. How much they charged you for it?

For reference misumi glass

https://us.misumi-ec.com/pdf/fa/2012/p2_0927.pdf

It was R$ 77 reais (U$ 23,50 or E$ 20,10 Euros) cutted with c-shape grind profile and 5mm radius on corners. The problem was shipping condition/cost, half of the glass price.

Sure @neotko I will keep them informed about my tests. Oh yeah, Misumi is always a reference of high quality stuffs... I even didn't know that they produce glass. Cool!

• Like 1

well I went for it.

going to see how it goes. bought two for £54,- including postage :)

looking good so far. the glass is pretty flat so I have high hopes for it.