A better Bed Glass - Neoceram Glass

Posted · A better Bed Glass - Neoceram Glass

Where do you all buy it? I still cannot find a supplier who could ship it to Israel for an acceptable price.

My tip, find some industrial glass association in your country and ask them about a reseller of ceramic glass. That's how I found it after almost a month of search :)

You might want to reconsider Ultimaker glass plates. In the beginning of this year, we have improved the specification of the glass (flatness), and improved the quality control at our supplier. Glass plates in our sales channels should be improved/good now.

Some background:

Float glass is very flat to begin with. It is then cut to shape, it gets c-edges and the corners are rounded or dubbed. After that, the glass goes into a tempering oven.

In this oven, the glass is transported on rollers. It goes back and forth in the oven, because if it would lie still, the shape of the rollers is imprinted on the glass. After the high temperature treatment, the glass is rapidly cooled. This causes high stress between the outside layer of the glass and the inside. This makes the glass stronger.

Unfortunately, there is a practical limit to how flat you can keep the glass in the tempering oven. So there will always be some remaining unflatness.

I'm convinced that our glass plates are now flat enough to ensure a good bed adhesion on the whole bed. Of course, you still have to follow all other instructions (clean plate, use glue, use adhesion sheets, ...) to maximise performance. (see ultimaker website).

The Neoceram glass that is mentioned in this topic has a flatness specification that is much worse than the glass that Ultimaker sells. Of course, it is usually better than the specification allows. But in the beginning of this thread it was claimed that the spec is very good. That is not true. (the D in the specification was mistakenly interpreted as the thickness, but it means the diameter of the glass)

• Like 2

Glass plates in our sales channels should be improved/good now.

So when ordering a Glass plate is important to ask the reseller the ship date of the stock glass and to avoid old stock.

• Like 1

So when ordering a Glass plate is important to ask the reseller the ship date of the stock glass and to avoid old stock.

I see Fabrc8 is out of stock, I need to see who else in the USA stocks it.