Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Swissengineer

ABS bed adhesion, no more worries!

Hello everyone,

I have been using a product for the past months for ABS adhesion. It's called PrintaFix.

I really loved it because I don't have to worry anymore if I'm printing with ABS PLA PVA etc...

printafix.jpg.0845bd82f0d20e8831c9db528f04fc85.jpg

I do NOT sell these products don't worry. I just wanted to recommend it for those who are willing to pay a bit more for something to get always a 100% of good prints. And it is much easier to clean because you need only soap!

I started with Acetone juice and everything and this product gave me the joy to print with ABS.

For most of my parts I print ABS now, because of the strength and the easy post-processing with acetone.

Give-it a try!

Cheers

printafix.jpg.0845bd82f0d20e8831c9db528f04fc85.jpg

I don't really know what's inside, after some digging I found 85-95% ethanol and 1-5% propane in the safety datasheet, but maybe there is some other stuff but not dangerous so not in the safety.... (links: http://www.aprintapro.com/downloads/ )

It doesn't smell much, at least much much less than acetone.

And to remove the print I was really impressed. The brim stays attached really good, but the part as soon as you cool down the bed you can see it unstick by it self!

I just use a spatula to remove the print and then water and soap to clean the bed then alcohol (don't have warm water in my shop).

Next time I will see if can do a video.