Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

E3D All Metal Hotend for Ultimaker

Posted · E3D All Metal Hotend for Ultimaker

Ah, forgot to mention, yes I installed it this weekend, used old stuff I had from a long time ago, when I configured my own desktop pc. I've had no blockage yet but only printed at 270 without the top closed (just the front). As I said I'll try to figure out the sweet spot of the temperature in the enclosure when I get time.

• 3 months later...
    • Replies 458
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a 3mm bowden setup I would advice against using it for PLA.

IMHO the E3Dv6 is only ok if you want to use it for ABS only.

If you need high temperature ABS you could consider using a swapable mount, and change between original and E3D setup.

something like this?

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/ulitimaker-orig-modular-printhead-merlin-ubis

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/modular-printhead-for-ultimaker2-v2-2

Omg I had a davinci and please don't say that... It prints sooo slooowww and very ugly. Ofc it's totally enclosed so it keeps better the heat.

Do this for enclosure

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/8211-um2-enclosure-plan?page=2#reply-100202

Posted (edited) · E3D All Metal Hotend for Ultimaker

I have a 1000+hrs on y Davinci and still use xyz ware, Good calibration is key and I use the zerocart bluetooth tool to reset cartridge and set temps, filament makes a big difference too.

My prints are really good I do everything at .2 I am printing all the parts for my UMO build in ABS everything fits perfect so far.

Thing I love about the davinci is I just load stl file, set layer and the fill and that is it, never look at anything else, prints always stick to bed and it must be easy 6months since I looked at calibrating the bed.

I like the simplicity and the perfect prints each time.

Edited by Guest

Well. Davinci quality it's meh. Sorry it just is.

And about wood, sorry but I'll burst that bubble before you get disappointed. There are no 3d printer than can print wood for any 3d file. You can print, but high retractions make the heat crawl and clog (any 3d printer). Nylon, you need hightemps. Umo doesn't like 255+ it can work, but it's expensive. So. If you want to print long and high temps, get a umo+ and mod it for um2 hotend. Or just get a um2+.

I am building from scratch so I want to add all the best mods