Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

hiya,

for reasons I don't understand, when I connect via usb my printer connects and disconnects constantly. I can't seem to find why this is.

any one know the answer?

cheers

Bex

Edited by Guest

I am working on improvements for USB printing, but that work will not be finished until Cura 2.7

thank you I appreciate it. using Simplify3D allows me a lot of control, monitoring and faster adjustment.

It did used to work fine but I think an update with windows has caused an issue with USB control and I can't identify it. It's as if its using the driver to reboot the printer for something that it thinks it needs to identify it in order to connect but if i click connect a number of times during the reboot it connects and all is fine again.

I my concern is that the constant rebooting will affect the service life of the printer.

it also allows me to level the build plate more effectively when I change nozzles without having to go through the Printer's process.

Many thanks

Becky