UM3e - BIG mess

Posted · UM3e - BIG mess

This is almost certainly caused by failed bed adhesion. Plastic is collected around the nozzle, and forms a shell. The printer keeps extruding, and (after a while) the only way the molten plastic can go is up.

You will have to contact your reseller for this. If it's PLA, you might be able to fix it yourself, but the risk of ending up wit damaged hardware is large.

Posted · UM3e - BIG mess

bed adhesion was perfect. waitet the first 4 layers. the printed part was 10x10cm, square.

edit: was PLA

Bed adhesion can cut loose after a time.

Be very careful with that as that is how I bent my fanguard. But I will tell you how I did get it off.

First, be very, very careful. I seriously cannot state this enough.

Second, go to the firmware controls and turn the printcore temp up and wait for it to heat and then slowly start to pull off the material with needle nose pliers. I had a glob of PETG that did that.

If it is way up into the electronics of the core, I would suggest contacting reseller first.

Posted (edited) · UM3e - BIG mess

Got it back from the UM reseller here in germany.... they said that it was a "clogged nozzle".

In my understanding there wont be any filament when the nozzle is clogged... am I wrong?

433,30 Euros for a clogged nozzle (2 new print heads and some time)???

Wow, I really start regreting buying the UM3 with that crazy expensive heads...

Edited by Guest

Posted · UM3e - BIG mess

Had that happen to me once. For some reason something broke free of the plate and stuck to the nozzle, and so any new material would just build up around the head since it was being deposited in midair.

Took me over an hour, but I manually heated up the print core and used tweezers to pull as much softened material as I could. Then I took out the print core and used a micro heat gun (used in soldering rework) to free up residual material. Luckily it was PLA, so it had a relatively low temperature. And luckily the electronics board on the print head was clean so I stayed away from that. Thought I would have ruined something, but it all came out OK. The only damaged part was that white silicone-type gasket which the nozzle protrudes through, but it's not too bad.

Hope you have similar luck.

5a333bcb885e1_badprint1.png.f5376ee70690bc3e3557eec43279bb54.png 5a333bcb5d566_gunkeduphead.thumb.png.bcb73a83a0fbe544229dbae23e20df9d.png

5a333bcb885e1_badprint1.png.f5376ee70690bc3e3557eec43279bb54.png

5a333bcb5d566_gunkeduphead.thumb.png.bcb73a83a0fbe544229dbae23e20df9d.png