latreides

Consumable parts?

Posted · Consumable parts?

Yep, i would increase the expected lifetime to at least 10k hours.

We have replaced no rods, a bunch of nozzles and PTFE couplers, but since last january we have been running the TFM couplers (so ~2000h per printer) without change. The belts have never been replaced, they has begun to be a bit noisy but still works just fine.

We have replaced both temp sensors once, but that was because they were stuck in the original blocks when upgrading to the Olsson Blocks and we broke them trying to get them out, we also replaced one heater since we managed to break the cable when removing a bunch of plastic that had melted around the wires.

Excellent. Thanks, Erik.

I'm impressed that the TFM couplers hold up so well. The PTFE ones were truly pathetic even at high PLA temperatures (like 220-230), like I said my first one broke after about 200-250h before I upgraded to a geared feeder (yours in fact) and could lower the temperature.

I haven't looked at neither of mine since the I2K upgrade but I haven't noticed any significant increase in friction so I think they hold up well.

For the record. This is my updated table of expected lifetime based on the data from this thread. It is still a little sketchy but not quite as pessimistic as before. It still uses the 2/3 rules though so the real expected lifetime of every part in the list below is 50% higher. This is intended to account for both varying quality as well as accidents.

Printer - 9 000

Fan shroud (if printed) - 100

PTFE+I2K or TFM - 1 500

Nozzle - 500

Heater+PT100 - 4 000

Rods+bearings - 4 000

Bowden tube - 1 000

Belts - 4 000

Other and bed adhesives are unchanged at $20 and $10 per 1000 print hours respectively.

Posted (edited) · Consumable parts?

I used the I2K earlier on my personal printer, and it worked quite nicely, but removed it after experiencing some feeding problems which disappeared after replacing that PTFE+I2K with a TFM.

I am quite impressed with the TFM life, i have one now where i have printed at least 500 hours at 255 or above (up to 270C), and probably 7-800 hours at PLA temperatures.

Edited by Guest