Requests for next version

chemwhite

Posted · Requests for next version

Hi Paul

You can put in some code yourself in the meantime to achieve what you want.

M220:set speed factor override percentage

Example: M220 S80

S<factor in percent>- set speed factor override percentage

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There,

This morning I upgraded to Cura 13.06.2,

I Like the 'Project' part in it! easy to use, and to (like 12.xx) positon the print on the platform where you want it, Gives me less Blue tape changing.

Is it possible to put the 'Print sequence' back in again? Infill/Perimeter/loops gave my a smoother outside, and less Spider webs because of the idle traveling.

Regards,

Kees

I don't know if my request was already said by someone, but like Slic3r It could be a great improvement to save differents parameters in profil link to the "Printer", the "Quality" and the "Filament".

For example save in a printer profil the informations of bed and head size, the e-step etc...

In the filament profil, the diameter, the flow, the fan on the first layer, the "normal" temp, etc...

And in Quality, The layer height, skin, speed, a factor in % to increase the "normal" temp according the speed, etc...

and let some parameters free like infill, support, raft, etc...

I think the concept to add some profile to make the complete profil is very good. We have an Ultimaker, but different filament from different manufacturer, we want different quality for different models. It's not easy when we switch to memorise all parameters.

For each print we will have only to select "Ultimaker"; "PLA3mm grey from Ultimaker"; "Best Quality" and let's go !

What do you think about that ?

I don't know if my request was already said by someone, but like Slic3r It could be a great improvement to save differents parameters in profil link to the "Printer", the "Quality" and the "Filament".

For example save in a printer profil the informations of bed and head size, the e-step etc...

In the filament profil, the diameter, the flow, the fan on the first layer, the "normal" temp, etc...

And in Quality, The layer height, skin, speed, a factor in % to increase the "normal" temp according the speed, etc...

and let some parameters free like infill, support, raft, etc...

I think the concept to add some profile to make the complete profil is very good. We have an Ultimaker, but different filament from different manufacturer, we want different quality for different models. It's not easy when we switch to memorise all parameters.

For each print we will have only to select "Ultimaker"; "PLA3mm grey from Ultimaker"; "Best Quality" and let's go !

I think it's great for users that know the ins and outs of the software and know perfectly what they are doing. I also think the current ordering of settings is better. Because now they are ordered in how often you would need them, and how far you are in "tweaking" when you need them.

Design wise your idea makes perfect sense. And I think KISSlicer, Slic3r and NetFabb are doing this. It's also what makes those pieces of software harder to use then Cura. I am thinking about how to better implement profile selections with material selections. But this is quite critical to get right, get it wrong and you confuse people even more (see Skeinforges profile selection)

Hi,

Just a few ideas here, pretty sure that at least one or more has already been mentioned, but thought i'd add some support for them:

- Different infills (e.g. Octagonal for it's strength and easy cover except that it feels like it's shaking your machine to bits)

- Ability to select when a support is added based on the angle (like in KS)

- Option to move the extruder head inside a loop before retracting filament (to the fill area). Not sure if this is just something i'm doing wrong but my circles/loops often have marks on the outside surface where the extruder stops for a second whilst retracting. This leaves either a blob of extra material of a small melt mark.

Currently testing: 13.06.3 - test2

Thanks for the great work and Best Regards

Dear Daid, my 5 cents here:

1) is that possible to set a temperature per layer, or something like this,

for 1st layer a little bit higher, for middle print - average, and for top and narrow places a bit lower to prevent melting.

That would be awesome.

Thank you.

for 1st layer a little bit higher, for middle print - average, and for top and narrow places a bit lower to prevent melting.

That would be awesome.

Thank you.

http://wiki.ultimaker.com/CuraPlugin:_Flowthermostat

This is something you need I guess!

Works great..

That would be awesome.

Thank you.

+1 for select a different temperature for the first few layers

One more request please - it it possible to make some kind of grid on the build platform, or ENABLE GRID option, to clearly see if the object lays flat on it, would be really useful I think, it's not always clearly visible if it lays flat or there's a small angle.

Thank you!

But, it already shows a grid?

I might be wrong, but it's a bit "drowning" to me, can't see for sure the horizon.

D1yFbDSr.png

Ah, I see what you mean. The grid is there, but it's hard to see what is happening.

yep, correct, pretty hard, or for example to highlight the points of crossing with printing area top layer?

Would be awesome. Thank you.

By the way, thanks for 16.03 and congrats with the GREAT release.

One more thing please: for me it's pretty vital to have the name of each part loaded on the printing area, sometimes there are 2,5, or even 7 pieces, and it would be AWESOME to have their filenames poped up somewhere on CLICK.

Is that possible please?

I remember in prev Cura releases it was shown it the window title.

Thank you, Daid.

I might be wrong, but it's a bit "drowning" to me, can't see for sure the horizon.

The "lay Flat" option helps sometimes.

I suggest you use the 3D software in wich you designed the object.

i can make a small gravity simulation and drop it virtually in cinema4d.

well after a short time with the new Cura, here is my request so far

- turn on / off auto slicing

- center object on platform on / off

did I mention - turn on / off auto slicing :)

(sorry about being a little miffed, not being able to use the new Cura)