Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
ian

Latest Cura... after gcoding, cant see the bottom layers ?

When i insert a model into the latest version of Cura and gcode it. After it is gcoded, i can go up and down to see the gcode print paths... but whats weird is, when i move near the top layers of each model, Cura wont show the lower layers ?

so it looks like i have print layers floating in fresh air.

I would love to show some screen shots but seeminlgy this is the only forum on the internet with attachments disabled ?

has anyone else had this problem ?

Ian

It's a feature, not a bug!

I prefer it this way. It lets you see the model better. If you want to see the bottom layers you scroll the layer scrollbar to the bottom.

The feature I really miss is being able to click one layer at a time. When you have over 200 layers it's very difficult to get to a particular layer to see what's going on. I'd like to see a keyboard shortcut for going up and down one layer at a time.

Or buttons that only appear when the mouse hovers over them (to make the interface clean - like facebook does all over the place). An up arrow triangle and a down arrow triangle just like normal scroll bars.

But anytime I can do something with the keyboard instead of the mouse is a win.