Cura 2.6 | Beta

SandervG

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited) · Cura 2.6 | Beta

Guys, could you please do me a big favor and also try to implement keyboard shortcuts for "move", "rotate" and "scale". It´s a bit annoying to always need to click on the button when in "working mo(o)d(e)" ;-)

+1

I will pitch this to our product owner. I'm hugely in favor of this as well.

I just added a pull request for Uranium to implement this. It won't be in 2.6 (as that will go live tomorrow) but it will be in 2.7

Edited by Guest

We haven't really looked into this, as travel moves are only a small part of the time spent on a single print. Doubling the speed of ~3% of the print will have a really big impact.

To the time savings I am not really, but is certainly a good side effect.

I am more concerned about the fact that with every travel paths some material Oozes out and that is extreme with Cura, because of the many unnecessary traverse paths, in addition comes that each time 70mm to 200mm distance is to be covered.

Have two attempts with Cura canceled since all the noses were, S3D has the same settings (Temp, Retract) printed immediately without problems. (Printed in XT-Colorfab)

Edited by Guest

Posted · Cura 2.6 | Beta

We haven't really looked into this, as travel moves are only a small part of the time spent on a single print. Doubling the speed of ~3% of the print will have a really big impact.

To the time savings I am not really, but is certainly a good side effect.

I am more concerned about the fact that with every travel paths some material Oozes out and that is extreme with Cura, because of the many unnecessary traverse paths, in addition comes that each time 70mm to 200mm distance is to be covered.

Have two attempts with Cura canceled since all the noses were, S3D has the same settings (Temp, Retract) printed immediately without problems. (Printed in XT-Colorfab)

Hi, is it possible for you to give me the model (STL or OBJ) for that part, I would like to try the wall print order optimization on it. Thanks, Mark.

Posted · Cura 2.6 | Beta

Err, I beg to differ. If you have lots of holes and several wall skins it can make quite a big difference. I have a test model that when the walls are optimized would print in about 3 hours compared to around 4 hours without the optimization. That's a worthwhile gain.

Of course there are instances where the travel time is a thing. I'm just saying that in most cases it won't have that much impact.

Posted · Cura 2.6 | Beta

...when I return to the Machine Settings screen the old settings are still showing.

Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, others are having that issue too. It is an issue with upgraded profiles. There are two workarounds for now:

* Remove and re-add your printer in Cura, or:

* Open the Configuration Folder and remove the folder named "old" from "machine_instances"

Devs, see https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/1902#issuecomment-305257112

Hi @ahoeben, not sure if this is 100% correct. This appeared in 2.4 which I reported. I need to get to the start gcode and change it but Cura does not allow it. Yes if you create the printer again you can change the gcode as you re-enter it. But after that, i.e. setting a up a new printer, you cannot access that printer and change the gcode - you can input the changes you want but they do not get stored. If I remember correctly the changes you make are stored in another definition of the printer heled in a different folder (wrong) rather the folder that Cura reads the printer definition on startup (correct).

Disappointed to hear this has still not been fixed!! I change my start gcode quite regularly. Over the pass week I have about 10 changes and have had to keep them noted down on a piece of paper and re-apply them for every print run of new gcode.

Posted · Cura 2.6 | Beta

....forgot to note that my problem is with a custom printer defn., no idea if Ultimaker printers suffer the same error.

Posted · Cura 2.6 | Beta

Guys, could you please do me a big favor and also try to implement keyboard shortcuts for "move", "rotate" and "scale". It´s a bit annoying to always need to click on the button when in "working mo(o)d(e)" ;-)

+1

+1 !!!

I think that in general, dragging a part with the mouse should have exactly one function. everything else is irritating. maybe use modifier keys like shift or ctrl for rotate and scale?

naybe 3 buttons to rotate 90° in each direction? that would help me out in 99% of cases.

Hi @ahoeben, not sure if this is 100% correct.

I am fairly certain that it is. They were talking about a specific issue with Cura 2.6 beta, which had been reproduced and which has since been fixed. I pointed out two known workarounds for the time being.

This appeared in 2.4 which I reported.

Can I ask you where you reported it? The entirety of the Machine Settings view was done in my free time, and I am still the maintainer of that code as an external contributor. Unless issues are reported on github, I may not notice them (though I do my best to check the forum).

For Cura 2.6 it has undergone quite a bit of change to support multi-extrusion printers

Disappointed to hear this has still not been fixed!!

Have you actually tested this with the Cura 2.6 beta, or are you just assuming that it is not fixed because of another issue that has a known workaround and that has been fixed since then?

Edited by Guest

Posted · Cura 2.6 | Beta

+1

+1 !!!

I think that in general, dragging a part with the mouse should have exactly one function. everything else is irritating. maybe use modifier keys like shift or ctrl for rotate and scale?

naybe 3 buttons to rotate 90° in each direction? that would help me out in 99% of cases.

He actually implemented it himself. It's now in a pull request, so odds are it will be in the 2.7 release. It allows you to switch between rotate, translate & scale.

Posted · Cura 2.6 | Beta

... hopefully selectable via a keyboar shortcut and not another button to click onto...

*hopedieslast*... :-P

Posted · Cura 2.6 | Beta

I find this humourous as I am, by way of years with 3DS MAX, always right clicking to change transform ops. So, for me, it will not matter as I will, until I get myself retrained, keep doing that. :p

I am, by the way, all for the shortcuts for that, but it is huourous all the same.

Posted · Cura 2.6 | Beta

Hi!.

I have a UMO + and tried Cura 2.6 beta.

Normally, I use the SD card when printing, but this time I had the umo + connected to the PC.

USB connection is unstable and I can not upgrade my firmware?

(Or is the firmware unnecessary.)

I hope this info helps?

thnx.

Posted · Cura 2.6 | Beta

I got an email stating 2.6 is out...and a notification....but when I go to the download page, 2.5 is prominently listed....what's up? :)

Should be up now! Everyone should also get update notifications in Cura as well.

Edited by Guest

but the buttons are not working, only at the bottom of the page the link works.

(Safari, OSX Sierra)

Edited by Guest

Posted · Cura 2.6 | Beta

Should be up now! Everyone should also get update notifications in Cura as well.

Alright, thanks for fixing that.

Downloading now (button worked for me on Win10 & Chrome)

Posted · Cura 2.6 | Beta

I can't fix anything on the website. I did forget to update the version number (again), but you guys reminded me :)

Posted · Cura 2.6 | Beta

but the buttons are not working, only at the bottom of the page the link works.

(Safari, OSX Sierra)

Hi Peggy, you mean the button to download for free or View the manual don't work? Could be a cookie problem, I have had it too a few times. You could delete some cookies, or open the link incognito and I think it should work. (not really a solution, but it allows you to move on)

Posted · Cura 2.6 | Beta

thnx, that did the trick

• Like 1

Posted · Cura 2.6 | Beta

Hi there!

Is there any way to set a postprocessor plugin permanentely? maybe via the machine definition? would be very usefull e.g. for ShowLayer...

Posted · Cura 2.6 | Beta

Is there any way to set a postprocessor plugin permanentely?

In a word: no

• Like 1

Posted · Cura 2.6 | Beta

Did not want to work in Firefox, but worked in Chrome.

Posted · Cura 2.6 | Beta

Tried to import "old" profile files (.ini) from 15.04.

Cura 2.6.0 says "successfully loaded" but there is no entry in the profile settings nor any change in slicing settings...

@ nallath maybe a bug or just my damn old notebook...?