Custom Start Gcode

rvator

Posted (edited) · Custom Start Gcode

I prepared a custom start Gcode for my E3D BigBox in Cura 2.5.0 Beta. But after slicing there is an additional Gcode before my custom start Gcode.

;FLAVOR:RepRap

;TIME:4698

;Filament used: 3.26804m

;Layer height: 0.2

;Generated with Cura_SteamEngine 2.5.0-BETA

M190 S75      ;)

M104 S215      ;)  I want to eliminate this 3 lines

M109 S215    ;)

; below is my custom start Gcode

M140 S75

M104 T1 S120

M109 T0 S120

M109 T1 S120

M104 T1 S210

How can I eliminate above 3 lines of Gcode before my custom start Gcode?

Kind Regards,

Franz

Edited by Guest

Posted · Custom Start Gcode

CuraEngine checks your start gcode and sees if you use the {material_print_temperature} variable to heat up the nozzle. If you don't, CuraEngine adds its own nozzle heating gcode.

Make sure your start gcode contains the line M104 {material_print_temperature}, and CuraEngine should no longer add its own lines.

CuraEngine checks your start gcode and sees if you use the {material_print_temperature} variable to heat up the nozzle. If you don't, CuraEngine adds its own nozzle heating gcode.

Make sure your start gcode contains the line M104 {material_print_temperature}, and CuraEngine should no longer add its own lines.

Thank you!

.... and the line: M140 S{material_bed_temperature} to get rid of M190 S75 .

BTW is there a placeholder for "first_layer_bed_temperature" in cura 2.5+ ?

I can't find a comlete list of this placeholders.

On 5/24/2017 at 12:26 AM, ahoeben said:

Nice for that beginning code, thanks!

Do you also know how you can prevent Cura from placing M104 temperature instructions at the END of the gcode, after the custom part??

I'm trying prefer to have my holding temperature for ASA at 190ºC while I'm peeling of my products from the magnetic flex plate, so it doesn't cool off too much.

But as you can see, after my code, it just forces the temperature to 0 anyhow.

Any tips to prevent that from happening?

Thanks!

M82 ;absolute extrusion mode
    M107
    ; ======= Begin custom END GCODE =======
    G1 Y400 F7200 ; move to center
    M104 S190 ; set holding temp
    G92 Z0 ; reset Z
    G0 Z5 F60 ; move head 5mm up
    G1 X0 Y600 F7200 ; move back to printer home
    M84 ; disable motors
    ; ======= End custom END GCODE =======
    M82 ;absolute extrusion mode
    M104 S0
    ;End of Gcode

First of all, is it the bed you want to keep heated or the hotend? And are you sure about that temperature? 190 ºC is very hot for a bed temperature. If that's a typo, even 90 ºC is hotter than the print bed temperature set in your G-code, which is 75 ºC... 

Secondly, you may have gotten the commands wrong.

M140 Sxx ; Set bed temperature to xx

M104 T0 Sxx ; Set first extruder temperature to xx

M104 T1 Sxx ; Set second extruder temperature to xx

Notice the difference, M140 vs M104.

The quick fix solution is to use a G code post processor. Go to extensions, post processing, modify G-code. Add one instance of search and replace.

Enter search: M140 S0

replace: M140 S90

(For these values, I'm assuming that you want to keep the bed heated at 90 ºC, not 190 ºC. Adjust the commands to match the components and temperature you want.)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nitro2k01 said:

First of all, is it the bed you want to keep heated or the hotend?

Secondly, you may have gotten the commands wrong.

M140 Sxx ; Set bed temperature to xx

M104 T0 Sxx ; Set first extruder temperature to xx

Notice the difference, M140 vs M104.

The quick fix solution is to use a G code post processor. Go to extensions, post processing, modify G-code. Add one instance of search and replace.

Enter search: M140 S0

replace: M140 S90

Hi nitro2k01,

Thanks, I only referred to the flex plate to indicate I just want to just peel off the product, but in the mean time i indeed want the hotend to stay warm, because peeling off doesn't take a long time with that flex plate.

The bed stays 105-110ºC all the time to make that BuildTak FlexPlate stick good.

I'm still experimenting, trying to see what temperature would provide good adhesion with ASA without the need to apply any extra glue (to try to work cleaner), as I'm not sure if applying glue would give me more misery than help concerning collection of dirt/dust particles over time in that sticky layer.

Thanks for the Modify G-code extension, i'll try that sounds great!

It'd be easier for some purposes if the End Code field would just really display all end code..

Maybe with the final M104 S0 code in some separate final safety field, with a checkbox that you must explicitly turn off (with extra warning + confirmation) so you really know what you're doing, etc..