Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
turbi

Sudden stop during big prints

Hi

I have a problem when I print with netfabb's gcode with ultimaker and ulticontroler.

The print stop sufddenly in the middle of the work. The head stays hot, but don't move at all, the motors are off.

I haven't this problem with cura gcode.

Is there a problem of firmware, is ther a better firmware to use netfabb . I use the firmware installed by default with cura

Julien

The Cura firmware is fine to use with Netfabb, or any other slicer software. Are you printing from an SD card?

If so, take a look at the gcode file on the SD card, and see if it is complete (the free Repetier Host is a good tool to use to visualize gcode).

Most likely, the file wasn't completely transferred to the SD card. You need to make sure to eject the SD card cleanly before removing it from the computer.

Also, it is possible for the Ultimaker to hang or reset due to electrical interference on the power line, or certain nearby electrically noisy devices, but there's no particular reason that would only affect netfabb-generated code.

Always safely eject your SD card. I've seen people jank out cards without doing this, and it works 90% of the time. The other 9% of the time you end up with broken files. But 1% of the time you could end up with a permanently broken SD card. (On my previous job I had the joy of sometimes being allow to test things till breaking point, SD cards where found not suited for our goals because of how easy they break. They are NOT designed to lose power while they are being written)