problem with print core 2 aa nozzle in ultimaker 3

praveen

Posted · problem with print core 2 aa nozzle in ultimaker 3

HI,

We are trying to print dual prints in the ultimaker 3 so we inserted the extra AA in the print core 2 it recognized it but when we tried to give a print with the second nozzle or the printer core 2 the printer is automatically shutting down and turning on again we checked the firmware it is latest version.the same thing is happening when we try to give a dual colour print. please let me know the problem

Looks like the heater in the second AA core draws too much current, which makes the power supply cut power.

If you have a multimeter at hand, you can measure the electrical resistance of the heater. It should be typically 23 Ohm (21.9 - 25.6Ohm)

And if you reinsert the BB core and force active leveling (which heats up both print cores), this does not happen?

To be complete, the core has 5 metal contacts at the back, if you measure you measure the two most left or the 2 most right (I forgot which is which..). One pair is the heater, with a resistance as Tom mentioned, the other pair is the PT100, the temp sensor, with a resistance around 108 ohm (at +/- 20 degrees C) .

• Like 1

when i insert the BB core it is not happening

and when i heat the second AA core before printing then it is printing but when i directly give a dual print then it is restarting itself

Posted (edited) · problem with print core 2 aa nozzle in ultimaker 3

Just as a goofy thing, try the following:

Clean the contacts on the back of the extra core with isopropyl alcohol. The purest you can find to not leave contaminants on the surface.

Try to use the second core in the extruder 1 with the PVA BB Core in extruder 2.

It also just may be something dirty on the back. I had it sorta glitch out on me and cleaning it did the trick. The switching is a way to just test if it is the sensor on the printhead or the actual core. It is also in case you are not familiar with a multimeter or do not have one on hand.

Edit: Counting on Team Ultimaker or someone more experienced to correct this if it is not a good idea. I did it on mine, but, I may have just gotten lucky.

Edited by Guest

Sorry, I don't think cleaning the contacts can help in this case. Dirty contacts will only increase resistance, and the resetting behavior points at a too low resistance.

My guess is that your AA print core is faulty. Your reseller will be able to help you.

Posted (edited) · problem with print core 2 aa nozzle in ultimaker 3
    @tomnagel : its a new printer one week old,for the replacement of the print core should i pay or should i get it for free from the reseller Edited by Guest

That is impossible for me to judge. It seems logical to me that it is first determined whether or not the problem is in the print core.