Unknown reason for pause requiring usering interaction

BillytheGoat

Posted · Unknown reason for pause requiring usering interaction

Hello,

I'm using Cura 2.4.0 with a second hand Folger Tech 2020 i3 Printer.

I've just started the calibration process and every time I try and print my calibration cube about 3 to 5 mins into the print it will pause and then move the back right hand corner. It will wait while LCD screen displays a line saying waiting for user. After I press the button on the LCD screen it will continue like I would imagine the printer should.

I'll address my print and calibration issues later if someone can direct me to where on this site I should ask those questions.

Thanks in advance for any help advice or tips offered.

Posted (edited) · Unknown reason for pause requiring usering interaction

First thing I'd do is figure out where that Pause is coming from. Look through the gCode for any of the following commands:

M0
    M25
    M600

If you find one of those commands, then something in Cura is inserting them. Check the Post-Processing Plugins and ensure there are none active when you slice your cube.

If nothing found in the gCode, then there is something amiss with the printer itself. Check all the cables and connections - especially those between the screen and the mainboard. Ensure they are snug and have no tension on them.

Barring that, it may be something in the Firmware, or a bad/failing mainboard or power supply.

You might try posting this issue on the RepRap forum for I3 printers to see if anyone else has run into that problem: http://forums.reprap.org/list.php?406

Hope this helps.

Edited by Guest