Ultimaker 2+ Upgrade Kit Stepper motor

Posted · Ultimaker 2+ Upgrade Kit Stepper motor

I try to find out where to get an extra motor similar to the one in the UM2+ extruder in an inexpensive way. I found the model number 17hd6482-01n, but in the Moons catalog it does not exist. The number seem to refer to a 1,8 degree, stator length type 6, 4 wires, and electric variation 82, and mech variation 01n according their catalogue. That does not tell me much. Some places it says the motor is a geared one, but I don't think so it does not look like it is geared, however the shaft has a gear hob, which I rarely see and I am not sure how to make one easily.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi

Did you find an extra motor for UM2+ ? I 'am looking for one too.

Do you think it is possible to use the UM2 one ? See motor of  UM2 compared to UM2+ : 

Thanks

• 1 year later...
    On 1/30/2018 at 3:55 PM, Nialaz said:

Hi

Did you find an extra motor for UM2+ ? I 'am looking for one too.

Do you think it is possible to use the UM2 one ? See motor of  UM2 compared to UM2+ : 

Thanks

Hey, sorry, I know this is about a year late, but in the name of documentation.

I loaded a ultimaker 2 replacement feeder motor into my UM2+ and for the most part everything is okay, but there were/are 3 hiccups:

1) The um2's motor shaft is about 10mm too long for the um2+, so I had to add some spacers and get new m3 screws.

2) I had to calibrate the steps per mm of the extruder. This shouldn't be as problematic as it was, but I kept getting really inconsistent data. Like my set steps/mm to extruded distance (when requesting 100mm) was exponential, which was wack, so I basically guess and checked until it was "good enough". That said, there are a lot of factors a play, so it could have been something in my setup (like my spacers or the age of my extruder assembly, ~10000 hours) which wacked out the results.

3) When feeding material in with the "Change Material" function, the motor basically screams at me and stops spinning. I think that's just an under (or perhaps over?) powered motor thing, but I haven't really got a chance to research it enough to mess with the settings. Not sure if changing the motor current would do anything. If anyone knows whats happening, please let me know.

The print quality seems pretty okay though (esp considering the really questionable calibrating job). Its not something I'd recommend yet, but if I figure out the changing material issue and see consistently good print quality, I'll report about it.

P.S. This may be super obvious, but if you're trying to send gcode commands to your printer (i.e. for calibrating, NOT for like printing), I'd really recommend using Pronterface. Theres no console in Cura, so you can't see the printer's responses to commands like M503, which returns the steps/mm calibration of the printer's motors

• Like 1