psi3000

Cura 2.6 retracts even when not enabled

Posted · Cura 2.6 retracts even when not enabled

I have just downloaded and installed the new version of Cura on a freshly formated PC. I have a issue when my PLA is retracted it just gets stuck, so I turn retraction off. However, it is still retracting over half a circle of my wades extruder at least once every layer, unless its a very very small part. None of the retraction settings are checked within the >preferences>settings. The only thing i can think of doing to get around it is to enable retraction and set minimal distance before retraction to a very large number and retraction material amount to a very very low number so it it does retract it doesnt retract soo much. Am i missing something in the settings? Is this a bug?

Are you using a "Custom FDM Printer" with a single extruder? There's a known bug in 2.6.

I have heard there should be a 2.6.1 shortly. In the mean time you can fix it locally:

* Download this file: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fieldOfView/Cura/adc547fa36b3edc288369543d1c97c648f6f22c5/plugins/CuraEngineBackend/StartSliceJob.py

* Replace the file on your computer that is located in [cura install location]/plugins/CuraEngineBackend (eg: ```C:\Program Files\Cura 2.6\plugins\CuraEngineBackend\StartSliceJob.py``` on windows)

* Restart Cura and test if it works now.

Note: this will only help you if you are indeed using a "Custom FDM Printer" with 1 extruder.

Posted (edited) · Cura 2.6 retracts even when not enabled

Ahoeben, I am using a custom 2ft x 4ft prusa printer I built.  I will try you fix and post back.  THANKS!

Edited by Guest

I tried putting that py file into the directory you stated and overwriting the one that was in there. There was no difference. Do you have any other suggestions? If not I guess ill be trying to find older version of Cura. I think i was using 15.4, if memory serves correctly.

In that case it might be another bug.

The workarounds you mention in the opening post should work though.