Looking for drawings for UM2 extended

Posted (edited) · Looking for drawings for UM2 extended

The Github-Repo has drawings in dxf and step-format, none of these files is readable by autocad or Fusion360, they are all dismissed as invalid file formats. I also tried some other cad packages on the DXF-files, no luck, they seem to have an invalid format.

Is there a source for valid drawings for the parts of the UM2 extended?

Edited by Guest

Posted · Looking for drawings for UM2 extended

Odd.

I downloaded all of the printers step files via the master zip files and have imported all of them into Onshape without any errors.

I have also loaded the DXF's as I laser cut a mini UMO.

Duhhhh, downloaded the files, got sidetracked until I saw Labern reply.

I could open and import all files I tried (Not all of them) from the zip...DXF and STEP as well as a single download of the file.

It is possible there was a file corruption during download. People trust their computers and internet to be flawless a bit too much. They are the dumbest machines around being able to only know "Yes/No, On/Off, 1/0", and that is easy to disrupt.

Did you try a re-download? Also, maybe geographic locations get different servers, ergo, something may be corrupted on a different Server.

But, I am US and Labern is NZ, so I would discount that and go for download corruption. Maybe defective spot on the drive?

Argh, I redownloaded the whole package and tried again, today, everything opens fine. Never had such a thing before, very strange. But thanks a lot for the help!

Argh, I redownloaded the whole package and tried again, today, everything opens fine. Never had such a thing before, very strange. But thanks a lot for the help!

Tech can always fail at the odd times and, usually when you most depend on it. People have gotten too used to things working as well as they do. while a credit to the developers as a whole in the software, techware and communications industries, it does still fail for a variety of simple reasons. I guess having to work with computers and such before they became a bit reliable works for me as these are the simple things that seem to always happen. Not to an individual, but across the broad spectrum of users.