T-Glase with the black netting---Leave on or take off?

Posted · T-Glase with the black netting---Leave on or take off?

I have some T-Glase that came with the netting around it. The first spools I tried were just clear and came on a spool that was pretty much the same as the Ultimaker spools and no netting.

But this has the netting. Leave on or take off? Does it affect the spooling or what?

Thanks!!

Da clumsy noob.......

According to Taulman, you are supposed to leave the netting on. It prevents the spool from unraveling. It has worked pretty well for me that way.

• Like 1

According to Taulman, you are supposed to leave the netting on.  It prevents the spool from unraveling.  It has worked pretty well for me that way.

Cool beanie weenies :) Thanks. I thought I had read that, but had also seen conflicting info in other places. Figured here would be the place to check.

Just in time too. I just got back from an appointment and my other print job got finished and now I can put this on right away thanks to you :)

• Like 1

Just as a follow up to show how life can be, well, less than optimal.....I went to put on the spool and guess what? The holes are incompatible.

So, just took a spare spool, rewound it, put the netting on that spool and it is printing like a wiz. My next print (test print at the moment) will take a while, so that give me time to design and make an adapter.

But, 'tis to laugh...Laugh! I say, for alas poor spooler, I knew it well......

OK, just for anybody who may be seeing this:

The test worked out very well.

T-Glase and PVA work well together (so far at least). I set it for Nylon and just turned the temp on the Extruder 1 to 255. The nice thing is that since it has a higher transition temp, I could run hotter water over it without it getting soft. Not too much hotter, but still faster to get rid of the PVA than with PLA.

Re-winding it onto the larger spool worked, but now that I have a 120 hour print going, I can design my spool adapter for those little T-Glase things. Oddly, their clear came in a regular spool size like the UM filaments and no netting.

The netting was put back on the larger spool as there was enough stretch to allow it and it is good because that stuff is sproingy.

So, in 5 days, we shall see if the experiment works.

I did this because, although my print with the transparent PLA worked ok, it was a bit spindly in places and would just break off if touched just wrongly.

I notice...nobody else would as there is a lot of stuff going on. I'll get a pic of it up soon because it was a long print and kinda cool looking. Well, I think so :p

Thanks beaucoup bunches there rowiac!!

And, yeah, I know that "beaucoup bunches" is redundant...but, that's me :)

Just as a follow up to show how life can be, well, less than optimal.....I went to put on the spool and guess what? The holes are incompatible.

Yes, I had to design and make a spool adapter for the Taulman 1-lb spool for my UMO+. The hole diameter is really small, something like 11mm.