How to configure Marlin Firmware yourself? Heated print bed problem

isphording90

Posted · How to configure Marlin Firmware yourself? Heated print bed problem

Hi i went to the website http://marlinbuilder.robotfuzz.com/ but when i have clicked build it the only thing i can download and save is the configuration file. So i attempted to build this myself and uploaded it but when i turned the ultimaker back on the ulticontroller had the two lines. so i uploaded the firmware from cura and it works again.

Does anybody have the file i need to upload as i have never created any form of code before now. My Ultimaker is one of the newset ones with an ulticontroller and a Epcos 100k Thermistor.

What do you mean - you couldn't download the hex file? Please provide more details. Did you select the "EPCOS" bed choice.

I selected the Ultimaker,+ Heated Bed (100k,Relay, + Ulticontroller

Then i selected the 100K Thermistor - usually this one!(4.7K pullup)

I didnt change any other of the other settings.

When i have clicked build it the HEX file Send me to this link http://marlinbuilder.robotfuzz.com/tmp/builder_1376548661-520c773534f34/Marlin.hex

I can Download both Configuration files

The Makerfile goes to this link http://marlinbuilder.robotfuzz.com/tmp/builder_1376548661-520c773534f34/Makefile

I suppose you have to copy and past that.

If i select download all files as zip it goes to http://marlinbuilder.robotfuzz.com/tmp/builder_1376548661-520c773534f34/marlin-builder_1376548661-520c773534f34.zip page cant be found.

I have never done anything like this before. But if possible could someone send me the files that are ready to upload please.

the "usually this one" is wrong I think. You want the "epcos" one.

I still don't quite get it. Unfortunately I am away from home for a few more days so I can't help. Once you click the big button on that page you get to the other page with all the links. You should right click on the configuration.h file and choose save link as or something similar. If you have a stupid one button mac mouse you can hold down ctrl key and click on a link to simulate right mouse clicks.

Then get the hex file.

Once you have the hex file you can use cura to upload it to your arduino. Or pronterface.

Hi,

I'm going to try to configure upload myself tomorrow, but I see there is listed. Ultimaker and Ultimaker Experimental. Could someone enlighten me as to which I should choose or what is the difference in the parameters?

Thanks in advance.

The templates only change settings that you can see below. That particular one turns on "increase PWM frequency" checkbox. You can read more about it if you hover over the question mark in the right hand column.

I recommend "basic" and not "experimental".

For heated bed on ultimaker do I use TEMP_SENSOR_2 or TEMP_SENSOR_BED in Marlin?

#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 -1

#define TEMP_SENSOR_1 -1

#define TEMP_SENSOR_2 0

#define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 0

// This makes temp sensor 1 a redundant sensor for sensor 0. If the temperatures difference between these sensors is to high the print will be aborted.

//#define TEMP_SENSOR_1_AS_REDUNDANT

#define MAX_REDUNDANT_TEMP_SENSOR_DIFF 10

// Actual temperature must be close to target for this long before M109 returns success

#define TEMP_RESIDENCY_TIME 10 // (seconds)

#define TEMP_HYSTERESIS 3 // (degC) range of +/- temperatures considered "close" to the target one

#define TEMP_WINDOW 1 // (degC) Window around target to start the residency timer x degC early.

// The minimal temperature defines the temperature below which the heater will not be enabled It is used

// to check that the wiring to the thermistor is not broken.

// Otherwise this would lead to the heater being powered on all the time.

#define HEATER_0_MINTEMP 5

#define HEATER_1_MINTEMP 5

#define HEATER_2_MINTEMP 5

#define BED_MINTEMP 5

// When temperature exceeds max temp, your heater will be switched off.

// This feature exists to protect your hotend from overheating accidentally, but *NOT* from thermistor short/failure!

// You should use MINTEMP for thermistor short/failure protection.

#define HEATER_0_MAXTEMP 275

#define HEATER_1_MAXTEMP 275

#define HEATER_2_MAXTEMP 275

#define BED_MAXTEMP 150

It's TEMP_SENSOR_BED. TEMP_SENSOR_2 is for a third extruder.

If you don't want to use this:

http://marlinbuilder.robotfuzz.com/

to make your Marlin you can at least use it to create a configuration.h for a UM with a heated bed and see what it chooses for options in configuration.h.