Cura 2.6.1 error

tubai

Posted · Cura 2.6.1 error

What error? I don't see an error. Do you mean it's not supporting the overhang maybe? Do you want support? Did you enable support in cura? Try turning off brim and skirt as that may be confusing the support. Or is it some other error?

Or, are you wondering about why it is not solid? You have to choose that with the eye icon on the left side. What you display here is solid in the first image and layers in the second image.

Other than that, I too wonder what you mean.

Posted (edited) · Cura 2.6.1 error

Skirt is the one that goes around the model loosely. (Image 2)

The other is brim which hugs the model's surface that touches the buildplate. (Image 3)

Those are two of your buildplate adhesion choices. In layer view (2&3) it looks like it should based on your choice.

But, the first image is in solid view. It will not show that.

The other two images (in layer view) shows the structure of the paths and 'helpers' such as brim, skirt, support, etc.

So far, it all appears as it should based off what I can understand.

Edited by Guest

Cura251.thumb.jpg.e508bcc368d6155404ec4d55a1c54bb8.jpg

Cura261.thumb.jpg.fb490704d2ea1bb3cde9e965ccd68ef2.jpg

Changed the thickness of the object.

Cura251.thumb.jpg.e508bcc368d6155404ec4d55a1c54bb8.jpg

Cura261.thumb.jpg.fb490704d2ea1bb3cde9e965ccd68ef2.jpg

Cura 2.5 fine:

Cura25nagy.thumb.jpg.0f03c46850b897feb7f3f12163f80a64.jpg

Cura 2.61 changed the tickness:

Cura26nagy.thumb.jpg.bf21237df835b80ad2973170b5e6b1d4.jpg

In both cases same the stl file.

What does it look like in xray view? Any red areas there if you spin the model around? Regardless of you seeing any red or not I would run the model through an STL repair service and see if that takes care of the problem.

Cura 2.5 fine:

Only on one area (The underside) as the rest of the model seems to remain the same.. So it may be, as IRobertI said, something with the model may be off. And, the closeup views were much more helpful.

Can you upload the file so someone can take a look at it? I, personally, like to solve problems and add to my brain attic of things that can go wrong.

Edited by Guest

Cura 2.5 fine:

Only on one area (The underside) as the rest of the model seems to remain the same.. So it may be, as IRobertI said, something with the model may be off. And, the closeup views were much more helpful.

Can you upload the file so someone can take a look at it? I, personally, like to solve problems and add to my brain attic of things that can go wrong.

Ok.

STL file.

Please test it.

You had 21 open edges. That means that Cura is working just fine. You have to remember that as things become more sophisticated, the more sensitive it is to subtle errors. They all had to be capped to create a truly Manifold object. I used 3DSMAX to find this, but I am sure it could have been found in many other programs designed to check such things. If you downloaded this, remember, most of the materials out there are a crapnado of errors.

Fixed.jpg

Think of Scotty disabling an entire Starship with just 5 bolts.

Here is the file.

You had 21 open edges. That means that Cura is working just fine. You have to remember that as things become more sophisticated, the more sensitive it is to subtle errors. They all had to be capped to create a truly Manifold object. I used 3DSMAX to find this, but I am sure it could have been found in many other programs designed to check such things. If you downloaded this, remember, most of the materials out there are a crapnado of errors.

Fixed.jpg

Here is the file.

Thanks for the help. But these bugs only Cura 2.6 can't handle.

Finally used other slicer to do the job, without problem.

Fixed.jpg

Here is the file.

Thanks for the help. But these bugs only Cura 2.6 can't handle.

Finally used other slicer to do the job, without problem.

The bug was in the file, not cura. You cannot say that it is a bug if it is accurately portraying or slicing the model.

Proper modeling is the cure, not the disease.

One thing that is a true bug is the way Cura is beginning to handle the pivot points. It is dependent on the model, but it is increasingly getting to where it will not place a model properly on the build plate: if the Pivot point is at the base area, and not other issues (stray polys, etc...I checked) it will either float the model a slight bit above or below the build plate. It is not consistent, but I have not figured out why yet.

Edited by Guest