Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Job_van_gennip

Lasercutting and 3D printing

Dear everyone,

We recently got a new lasercutter and are currently busy getting to know the machines and all his ins and outs. Of course it is interesting to see the combination of the speed of the lasercutter with the three dimensions of a 3D printer. I would like to know if there are people here with some experience with lasercutters in the first place (maybe some tips). And are there people who maybe have suggestions on how they would combine the power of these two rapid prototyping machines.

Eager to hear from you

Kind regards,

Job van Gennip

Hi,

Cool that you have an lasercutter!

You can always visit an local FabLab. There are many lasercutters and 3d printers...

In a FabLab there are enough suggestions on how you can combine the power of these two rapid prototyping machines!

Here you can see all FabLabs around the world!

• Like 1

I have both a UM3e and a Laser Engraver/Cutter (Epilog Legend 32 with a 40 Watt CO2 laser). I have yet to combine the two tools to make anything but I haven't owned the 3D printer very long and still struggle with trying to make it do what I need.