Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
CalebPetersenPhD

Small-Diameter Print Cores? (0.25mm?)

Hi guys, we're interested in an Ultimaker 3 as we've heard great things about its print quality, but we're also hoping to be able to print with finer nozzles to really make use of your positional accuracy as well as dissolvable support. Are those in the works? (Saw you just released the 0.8mm print core). If not, we will probably go with the BCN3D Sigma R17. I've heard conflicting things about its print quality but at least it has independent extruders and small-diameter nozzles...

Thanks,

Caleb

Small diameter nozzles for UM3 have been available for many months now from third parties. They are good quality. I'm biased of course as I am the main seller for USA. I have 0.1mm 0.15 and 0.25mm nozzles. I also have ruby nozzles in .25mm size.

I love the .25mm nozzles.

thegr5store.com

It has be mentioned here on the forum by a UM employee that a range of Cores will be available of different sizes.

This may or may not happen and they delay is not in making the core but in creating good user profiles for all the materials.

Aftermarket ones work great but you have to experiment yourself to create a good profile for the materials you want to print with.

Or you could wait and hope UM releases a 0.25mm core.