Cura 2.6.1 walls not touching

phantom

Posted · Cura 2.6.1 walls not touching

Hi all,

Printed something for my kid over the weekend and the outer wall was not connecting to the inner wall an I could peel it off with my nail and pull 10cms off.

I did a xyz cube as a test just now which looks like it is not touching all around looking from the top down.

20170703_220529.thumb.jpg.34c90ef362ea57ea48c40e98fff4ae62.jpg

I had this same issue in a previous version as well, which i can't recall which one though, but only had this with the 2.. versions. I currently use 2.4 which does not have this weird offset.

Nobody else experienced this problem?

Greetz Barry

It maybe that your printer is underextruding slightly? And not CURA.

What printer do you have?

How many print hours?

What material are you printing with?

It maybe that your printer is underextruding slightly? And not CURA.

What printer do you have?

How many print hours?

What material are you printing with?

Hi Labern,

I have an UM2 with olsson block, around 1500 hours on it, about 60 hours back rebuild the extruder with upgraded coupler. Cleaned all parts an oiled everything just 10 print hours back and no issues with my print before this which was done at 0.08 mm layer hight.

The cube looks perfectly fine all around with no other signs of underextrusion. Like I said I experienced the same with another recent cura version and when I the go back to another it prints perfectly fine again. Machine software has been updated with 2.4.

• 1 month later...

Oke this is driving me seriously crazy.

It has gotten worse and seriously think indeed it is under extrusion.

Instead of keep trying atomic pulls which all looked fine anyway, i changed the nozzle for a race nozzle.

No change

I openen up the extruder and adjusted the knurled wheel a bit back as it was not perfectly in line where the filament goes trough and cleaned it all out and though that would be the issue as the knurled wheel could possibly slip easier.

No change.

i retightened all belts, including short ones.

No change

Reoiled all rods

No change

I opened up the head and found a piece of plastic wedged between bowden and the piece of ABS i printed instead of the spring.

No change

Again opened up the head.

The glass filled teflon part looked perfectly fine, maybe also due to the I2K and never print hotter then 210C-215C

The heater (35w) had come out about 5mm so i thought it didnt be hot heat up enough and that would finally be the issue solved.

No change

changed the skin overlap from the standard 5% to 20% but still the walls are not touching and the top/botoom line had become too seperate in certain areas more then i have ever been used to.

Slightly better wall overlap between outer and inner wall, still top/bottom lines are not touching.

Bought a bunch of MatteForge PLA via Kickstarter which came in yesterday and have used that instead of my usual Colorfabb

Guess what, no change

I feel like getting rid of it :angry::angry::angry: