Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Labern

The Mighty UM2go

Posted · The Mighty UM2go

When you use the tinkerGnome FW for the UM2Go then not and everything fits well.

There are multiple versions of the tinkerGnome firmware for um2 series printers including 2 for um2go (with and without heated bed).  So as long as you select one of the ones for um2go it will insert the filament properly for the um2go bowden.

By the way, on my printers with the meduza/iRoberti feeder combo I don't use the menu system to insert and remove filament.  I just pull it out and slide in the new filament.  Similarly with my UM3 and S5.

Posted (edited) · The Mighty UM2go

I am not familiar with how GitHub works and cannot seem to find the place with the firmware for the UM2Go+ with and without a heated bed.  Can you point me in the right direction?

I have followed a link to find the site with files to create a profile for upgraded UM2Go.  https://www.youmagine.com/designs/ultimaker-2go-cura-machine    However the folders referred to for Cura 2 do not seem to relate to Cura 4.6    I do not have a definitions folder, Variants folder, or images folder.   It's not clear to me how I make the UM2Go+ custom profile.   Can you/Labern help a simple surgeon?

Many thanks

MM

Edited by medicalmodeller

I didn't post a link?  tinkerMarlin is here:

https://github.com/TinkerGnome/Ultimaker2Marlin/releases

I have posted that link thousands of times and didn't realize I didn't post it in this thread.  Sorry.   Click on version 19.03.1 then read each description.  You probably want the 9th hex file.  Then you can use any version of cura (or many other arduino software) to load the hex file - you need a USB cable to connect from your computer to your printer (what kind of computer do you have?  pc/mac/linux?)

This link has pictures of the meduza and iroberti so you can see how it all goes together.  It also has links to some (all?) of the files you need on youmagine.  The meduza needs special parts you have to order so it's more work.  I get them all on ebay or aliexpress.

http://gr5.org/med/

OK thanks

Found the Tinkergnome 19.03.1 at https://github.com/TinkerGnome/Ultimaker2Marlin/releases/tag/V19.03.1

I see that there are 4 files for UM2Go.   Obviously I do not have a dual version (who knew that one could?).  What does HBK mean?   I am assuming that I load the plain/non-HBK version

Tinker-MarlinUltimaker2go-19.03.1.hex

I have Windows 10 laptop.

Any thoughts/advice about custom printer profile in Cura??

Thanks

MM

Tinkermarlin.PNG