Swissengineer

No official Ultimaker material available in the material list in the UM3E

Posted · No official Ultimaker material available in the material list in the UM3E

Hey everyone, I was wondering if there is any way to change the material list inside the printer.

For example: I put a new material like a black ABS from Ultimaker, but the machine only has ABS available. So in Cura I have to put black ABS from Ultimaker and every time it tell me that my configuration is not the same as the machine...

This is problematic because this feature is really important, and the tendency is to ignore the message every time... I worry that one day I will have a real difference between configurations, and not look at the message and mess things up.

Cheers

Posted · No official Ultimaker material available in the material list in the UM3E

Cura uses the exact same settings for Ultimaker Black & Generic ABS.

If you are using UM material, your NFC reader should already handle setting it correctly, so why are you manually selecting a material?

Mine did not come with the NFC tag, because when I ordered it, it was not available yet when I got my UM3E (november 2016). Only PVA spools had them...

Ah right. Well, just using it as if it's the generic material has no impact. We don't have material specific settings based on the color.