Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
andraisr

Not connecting

I just loaded 2.6.2 and when I started the application (windows 10 OS) I added my printer (I3 Clone from Geeetech) I can not find any place to enter the com port and baud rate for the printer. The software says that the printer is not connected. How do I get the software to see the printer? I had no issue using the software on a previous version. Am I relegated to saving the file to a SD Card?

Am I relegated to saving the file to a SD Card?

In a word: Yes.

Or you could print from another host, such as PrintRun or even legacy Cura.

If Cura 2 does not see your printer, there is no way to get it to at the moment. Printing over USB has fallen off the radar for Ultimaker. It might return in a future version of Cura, if a community member or another printer company contributes fixes to Cura.

There's currently a PR that you could help test. Please try replacing the file plugins/USBPrinting/USBPrinterOutputDeviceManager.py (NB: that file should already exist!) with the following file, and let us know if it makes any change for you:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fieldOfView/Cura/7e7e15a12b45cb707149febedec5fe1694f7d73b/plugins/USBPrinting/USBPrinterOutputDeviceManager.py

Edited by Guest

I did replace the text in the USBPrinterOutputDeviceManager.py file as requested. I assume that this change would allow me to configure the USB com port and/or allow the application to see my printer. This change did not make any difference. The application says it can not connect to my printer.

The changes in USBPrinterOutputDeviceManager.py only potentially improve the detection of printers, they do not add UI changes. Unfortunately the changes do not improve the situation with your particular printer. In this case, I can't help, yet.