UMO+ Der Druckkopf lässt sich leider sehr schwer verschieben

goppae

Posted · UMO+ Der Druckkopf lässt sich leider sehr schwer verschieben

Hallo liebes Forum,

bin neu hier und habe meinen Umo+ zusammgebaut und auch schon die ersten test drucke gemacht.

mit anfänglichen schwierigkeiten.... Jedoch ist die Qualität noch lange nicht da wo sie sein könnte....

Jetzt habe ich mich hier ein wenig eingelesen und leider noch keine Lösung für mein problem gefunden.

Auf Youtube habe ich ein Video gesen wo sich der Druckkopf mit einem finger bewegen lässt. Das wäre bei mir niemals möglich....

Die Axsen sind mit dem beigelegten Hölzen genau ausgerichtet. 3fach kontrolliert.... an was kann dies noch liegen?

Wäre über jeden Tipp sehr dankbar!

Soooo dann wünsch ich euch noch frohes Drucken!

SG aus Tirol

Johannes

Ich kann mich kaum noch am UMO erinnern aber da es einen ähnlichen Aufbau zum UM2 hat - überprüfen mal die "Shortbelts" ob die zu straff gespannt sind. Das würde dazu führen dass sich der Kopf nicht so leicht bewegen kann.

Ich kann mich kaum noch am UMO erinnern aber da es einen ähnlichen Aufbau zum UM2 hat - überprüfen mal die "Shortbelts" ob die zu straff gespannt sind. Das würde dazu führen dass sich der Kopf nicht so leicht bewegen kann.

Okay... sollten die richtig auf maximale gespannt werden?

Nein eben nicht. Je gespannter die sind, desto schwerer lässt sich der Kopf bewegen. Sie sollen straff sein aber nicht so dass man sich daran die Finger bricht :)

Sorry, I don't understand much German, so I had to translate your post and then respond in English :O.

You should also check that the small wood pieces that cover the ends of the shafts are not rubbing on the shafts and causing drag. On my UMO+, I had to add washers between the frame and the wood shaft cover on one shaft to prevent rubbing.

Nein eben nicht. Je gespannter die sind, desto schwerer lässt sich der Kopf bewegen. Sie sollen straff sein aber nicht so dass man sich daran die Finger bricht :)

Leider das ist es nicht, auch wenn ich es komplett löse wird es nicht besser... hmmm

Sorry, I don't understand much German, so I had to translate your post and then respond in English :O.  

You should also check that the small wood pieces that cover the ends of the shafts are not rubbing on the shafts and causing drag.  On my UMO+, I had to add washers between the frame and the wood shaft cover on one shaft to prevent rubbing.

Hey, thanks for your message. I put them completly of, but i have still the same problem. But this solution with the washers is a good idea. I will this do also! On your Umo+ is it very easy to move?

Zumindest kannst du die Shortbelts ausschließen was schonmal ein Schritt nach vorne ist :)

Viel Erfolg und falls du es herausfindest, dann vermerke es hier damit auch andere User davon profitieren können.

Ich hoffe ich kann das problem lösen, falls werde ich es auf alle fälle hier posten! :)

• Like 1

Hey, thanks for your message. I put them completly of, but i have still the same problem. But this solution with the washers is a good idea. I will this do also! On your Umo+ is it very easy to move?

The head on my UMO+ is not "very easy" to move. There is a little bit of resistance, but I can move it with one finger. Moving in one direction is easy; moving diagonally takes more force, but I can still do it with one finger (my index finger).

I think the most important thing is that the resistance is constant along the travel.

Ah okay, than mayby my Umo+ is not so bad...

How big are your washers?

Are the big like the hole beering or just like the ax?

The head on my UMO+ is not "very easy" to move.  There is a little bit of resistance, but I can move it with one finger.  Moving in one direction is easy; moving diagonally takes more force, but I can still do it with one finger (my index finger).

I think the most important thing is that the resistance is constant along the travel.

Posted (edited) · UMO+ Der Druckkopf lässt sich leider sehr schwer verschieben

Kinda along the same lines as @rowiac my German is rather poor (I was able to read and understand maybe 90% of this post, but my writing skills in German are really bad, so I will keep it in English).

I think for maximum feedback and responses here on the forums, English is the better option for making a post, even if you don't feel super comfortable writing in that language.

Anyways, back to your issues... I have a heavily modified UMO, and yes, there is resistance when pushing the print head around, but it should be doable with your index finger... If it is, then I wouldn't mess more with that part and look for other areas where you can improve print quality.

Maybe you can post a picture and explain which parts of your print you are not satisfied with in terms of quality, and people might be able to answer more concretely as to what your problems might be.

For the washers by the axle covers, there are also some parametric models on thingiverse you can use... Like this one:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:23835

Edited by Guest

In addition to the bearing end cap @tommyph1208 mentioned, there is also this one with a screw to adjust the play:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:54075

In my case, I simply used a couple of the spare 3mm washers that came in the UMO+ kit to provide some space between the shaft and the end cap. It's a little bit loose, but it has been working fine for almost a year.

Thans to all of you! The prints with your tips! The prints getting better and better. Thins your tipps i had no print aborts!

Thanks!

Today i got my new bondtech extruder! With this it works much bether yet.

Now i will dry the next days a long time print...

thanks all of you!

IMG_9588.thumb.JPG.d71694f6a02c4eb4b1a737f059c00d29.JPG

Here the newest print. Hopefully the longer prints looking also so good. :D