UM3e Enclosure completed

Posted (edited) · UM3e Enclosure completed

IMG_20170718_182616.thumb.jpg.de260d562c37644b8b160ce57058fdcc.jpg

WP_20161128_19_37_20_Rich.thumb.jpg.5b15d32bc37182b3bdc12a45323ba1d1.jpg

Finished my enclosure; I had ideas about fans and temperature controls but there is no reason to build that in as I don't run into any issues. I did add a Nest remote camera so I can check on progress remotely, but so far there have been few failed prints.

I do have some humidity issues w/ PVA, but the enclosure is unlikely to fix that (unless I want to seal it to prevent humidity from entering).

The frame is made from 1515 framing and the footprint is pretty small; the telescoping rails on the drawer means that I can easily get to the spools. It is anchored to the floor and ceiling and that prevents any possible tipping.

The door is amber as I don't want all the blue light spilling into my home at night, and it looks great, if a little 80's.

IMG_20170718_182616.thumb.jpg.de260d562c37644b8b160ce57058fdcc.jpg

WP_20161128_19_37_20_Rich.thumb.jpg.5b15d32bc37182b3bdc12a45323ba1d1.jpg

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Posted · UM3e Enclosure completed

Nice! It looks great! And whatsup with all those little figurines on the top shelve? Did you print those?

I've seen a few people running into problems with an enclosure where the temperature would run too high, and the filament would get soft in the print head and at some point stop extruding. Perhaps something to keep in mind.

it is actually doing well with PLA & ABS; my only issue has been with ABS/PVA setups after the PVA had been in the holder for a month :/

The figures are my Shadows of Brimstone set, easily accessible for play; I so far have not ventured into printing figures.

ABS and PVA is also not a supported combination, there is very little bonding between the 2 materials, so when you print ABS on top of a roof of PVA, there is a high chance it will continue to be dragged along with the nozzle.

it is actually doing well with PLA & ABS; my only issue has been with ABS/PVA setups after the PVA had been in the holder for a month :/

The figures are my Shadows of Brimstone set, easily accessible for play; I so far have not ventured into printing figures.

You are getting ABS and PVA to work together? What is your secret?

I have gotten many things to work decently, but ABS/PVA is not one of them.

Oh, and I kinda dig the amber look. :)

crap :/

nylon & pva, not abs.

my bad

crap :/

nylon & pva, not abs.

my bad

Do not worry...I have severe typelexia myself. :p