Smaller size nozzles for UM3??

Posted · Smaller size nozzles for UM3??

Hey everyone,

I'm having trouble printing really small pieces with my stock UM3E due to the 0.4mm nozzle...

I know gr5 make some, do you guys have tested it? Is there any other options?

How difficult is to get the right settings for a tiny print?

From what I read it seems that this is not really easy....

What do you guys recommend me?

Thanks for the help!

Lets tag @gr5 to make sure he sees the question.

I am not sure if there is a ready to go profile available for smaller nozzles, but the hard core (third party) works similarly as a print core, in terms of you can just click it in the print head.

I think I read something today where someone was having problems with retractions, I believe it was a smaller nozzle, but I can't find it right now..

The first time I ever tried a .25 it worked fine. Go with thinner layers (.1mm max) and print only very small things and set the temp cooler (I think I did 190C but 180C might be better).

Also print more than one item if their horizontal cross section is the size of a pencil (like my prints were). In fact I would print at least 3. This lets the part cool down while it's printing another one.

Anytime you change your process (or try to print something completely different from ever before) you will likely have some (usually minor) issues. Switching to .25 is trivial I find compared to say switching to ABS.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 16 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies