Simplify 3D V4.0 is out!

RudydG

Posted · Simplify 3D V4.0 is out!

My favorite slicer, now even better ;-)

Many new features. The king in support structures, can combine pla with pva as support structure for economics!

I have Upgraded to v4 have you tried it I thought there would have been more control over the prime pillar, Like when I print a two colour model why do you have to print every layer on the prime pillar.

I have Upgraded to v4 have you tried it I thought there would have been more control over the prime pillar, Like when I print a two colour model why do you have to print every layer on the prime pillar.

I think it is so that the pillar is always the same height as the rest of the print. Otherwise you would likely have z changes mid print or spaghetti all over your pillar which could intrude into the print.

You can limit the primepillar height using the variable settings wizzard, at the height you want it to stop. Then you get multiple processes. then you can choose one of them, and disable the primepillar.

This is not new, existed before, but now it is made easier.

RudydG

thanks for the reply I played with that today but I thought also there might be a better tool change instead of my second head sitting there at 215 waiting to be used I thought they might of implemented some temp changes,,for that head to cool and then warm up in time to be used...

how do you get on with tool changes???

Afaik, they did not implement any advanced pre-heating logic, unfortunately ...

• Like 2

yeah its a bummer seems as though its all stoped.

Posted (edited) · Simplify 3D V4.0 is out!

Does some kind of cooling down, but not as good as cura.

It goes down about 10 degrees. and the second extruder cooled down completely once it was no longer used.

Also, about pillar height, noticed that my pillar went higher than the highest point of my print. Very strange!!!

This is my tool change script. At the moment npt active, but you can try it.

T[new_tool]

; uncomment section below to use idle temperatures

{IF NEWTOOL=0};M104 S170 T1 ; idle right extruder

{IF NEWTOOL=0};M109 S[extruder0_temperature] T0 ; heat left extruder

{IF NEWTOOL=1};M104 S170 T0 ; idle left extruder

{IF NEWTOOL=1};M109 S[extruder1_temperature] T1 ; heat right extruder

Edited by Guest

Hi RudydG

thanks for this I use the below on my BCN (which I'm not happy with)

{IF NEWTOOL=0}T0 ; start tool switch 0

{IF NEWTOOL=0}G1 Y250 F8000 ; travel

{IF NEWTOOL=0}G1 E-0.5 F500 ; fast purge

{IF NEWTOOL=1}T1 ; start tool switch 1

{IF NEWTOOL=1}G1 Y250 F8000 ; travel

{IF NEWTOOL=1}G1 E-0.5 F500 ; fast purge

will your script work for My BCN - I am planning to do the Mark 2 conversion on my UM2

Hi RudydG

thanks for this I use  the below on my BCN (which I'm not happy with)

{IF NEWTOOL=0}T0 ; start tool switch 0

{IF NEWTOOL=0}G1 Y250 F8000 ; travel

{IF NEWTOOL=0}G1 E-0.5 F500 ; fast purge

{IF NEWTOOL=1}T1 ; start tool switch 1

{IF NEWTOOL=1}G1 Y250 F8000 ; travel

{IF NEWTOOL=1}G1 E-0.5 F500 ; fast purge

will your script work for My BCN - I am planning to do the Mark 2 conversion on my UM2

Bob, what is not to like on your BCN? was on my shortlist also.

The script i posted is only for the change, and on the UM2+ mk2 there is no solution to purge at very change (like your script would do) But wit the bcn i believe there is a recipient ot get rid of the waste?

Rudy dG

where do you want me to start, the firmware, the lack of support, the lack of the ability to control speed functions, if you watch the reviews by 3d printing nerd and Thomas, they both say the Firmware holds the Machine back.... AND I TOTALLY AGREE, just updating the firmware is a pain, I have three computer windows 10 windows 7 and xp forget xp it wont speek to machine, windows 10 gets a serious strop, only windows 7 speaks to it and that's using there official Drivers.

updating the screen is a separate issue you have to update that separately and that has issues using a mSD and you have to bin the one with the machine... I could go on and on!!! I fitted Bondtechs to the machine and they work ????? having that discussion with bondtech at moment No I'll stop.

The machine has spent 3 days trying to get a single head print and a dual head print and I cant get one... it goes on ebay next week I'M no Boffin and I'm no Dumbxxxxxxx but I'm hacked off with it!!!!!.

If you'd like I'l post a picture of single head print and dual..

Rudy dG

where do you want me to start, the firmware,  the lack of support,  the lack of the ability to control speed functions,  if you watch the reviews by 3d printing nerd and Thomas, they both say the Firmware holds the Machine back.... AND I TOTALLY AGREE, just updating the firmware is a pain, I have three computer windows 10 windows 7 and xp forget xp it wont speek to machine, windows 10 gets a serious strop, only windows 7 speaks to it and that's using there official Drivers.

updating the screen is a separate issue you have to update that separately and that has issues using a mSD and you have to bin the one with the machine... I could go on and on!!! I fitted Bondtechs to the machine and they work ????? having that discussion with bondtech at moment  No I'll stop.

The machine has spent 3 days trying to get a single head print and a dual head print and I cant get one... it goes on ebay next week I'M no Boffin and I'm no Dumbxxxxxxx but I'm hacked off with it!!!!!.

If you'd like I'l  post a picture of single head print and dual..

Bob,

I saw the reviews, and also the comments. Being a computernerd (kind of), it never was a determinated factor. I thougt the printer just was not the "fine" machine wat i found in the UM 2+ (mk2) and my UM3

And ofcourse, the ease, be it software, firmware or the print itself, sets the UM family at a very high level!

Would like to see the samples you printed on the bcn.

Gr

eetings from Belgium ;-)

Totally agree Ill take a picture and post it, they are not pretty.

OK Hear we Go Latest prints I have tried to get out but with banding 5a333d91cd233_allthree.thumb.JPG.bdec663c379296d504480be2117b9af4.JPG

Left was to hot but a bit of banding centre re calabrated extruder (Long Story) better but with banding right UM no messing.

tried a vase same layer height .20

vase.thumb.JPG.c43f863a852a2222812c681b37a7238b.JPG

would not buy another BCN

5a333d91cd233_allthree.thumb.JPG.bdec663c379296d504480be2117b9af4.JPG

Posted (edited) · Simplify 3D V4.0 is out!

OK Hear we Go Latest prints I have tried to get out but with banding 5a333d91cd233_allthree.thumb.JPG.bdec663c379296d504480be2117b9af4.JPG

Left was to hot but a bit of banding centre re calabrated extruder (Long Story) better but with banding right UM no messing.

I did see this banding on a print a few months ago and the guy told me later than the fix for that banding was the belt tension...

Maybe you can just ask him :)

Edit forgot to add the link

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Ok, can see clearly why :-(

I tried lots of printers, and to be honest, only the ultimakers gave me the fine prints

without the trouble other had.

Neotko

I was staring at the machine today think why?? while my printer prints the same model with the other head, I have noticed the belts going across the gantry one is slightly loser than the other if this print comes out good then I think you are right, I will check the link you sent aswell. thanks!!

Rudyd G

I think the BCN can do a good print from what I have seen at the shows but it is taking a lot to get to that point.:angry:

Neotko

I did a print on right head in brown

5a333da91462d_Rhdprint.thumb.JPG.5f3963099fa599ef4ac9c3affc77e054.JPG

there is a bit of difference in tension will adjust and hope, failing that ther is about .30 vertical slop that might cause the trouble,, thanks though

• Like 1