Split files printed with different dimensions

andive

Posted · Split files printed with different dimensions

hi :)

i've split a large file into 2 parts to fit my ultimaker2 tray. the smaller part prints perfectly but the larger part keeps coming out shorter even though they are the same height on file.

i've tried changing print speed and heat to let the PLA cool incase it's shrinking but that didnt help, ive also increasd print time and refined the settings,

any ideas what could be causing this?

thanks!

ea25e84f-601e-46d7-85f8-872e9876c5da.thumb.jpg.da1e5a5b4a13937b647da5e12544321e.jpg[/media][/media]

ea25e84f-601e-46d7-85f8-872e9876c5da.thumb.jpg.da1e5a5b4a13937b647da5e12544321e.jpg

cura tends to do some autoscale sometimes when a part is too big. When you load the part into cura, click on the part and then on the edge click on the scale icon and make sure all the scaling is set to 100%.

If that's not it then please explain by exactly what percentage is one part smaller and which one is the wrong size, the larger portion or the smaller?

I'm pretty sure your error is huge (10%?) and so it's probably cura autoscaling when it really shouldn't in your case.

Hi!

thanks for the reply.

I checked Cura and it doesnt seem like an autoscale problem.

the shrinkage is on the Y axis and the difference is 15 mm shorter than it should be.

The wrong one is the larger portion which isnt reaching its maximum height although all the details are coming out correctly.

thanks again