Cura 2.7 | Beta

SandervG

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

I installed on MacOS 10.11.2, and Cura wouldn't start. Double-click, get the warning about downloaded apps, then nothing. Nothing in the security settings on the control panel either. Any attempt to open the application after that does nothing that I can see.

• Replies 126
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

I have noticed a bug in 2.7

If I add this to the start code of a machine only the 3 last lines are saved when I start the program again.

;Slice at: {day} {date} {time}

;Adhesion type: {adhesion_type}

;Layer height: {layer_height}

;First layer height: {layer_height_0}

;Retraction amount: {retraction_amount}

;Support enable: {support_enable}

;Wall thickness: {wall_thickness}

;Speed print: {speed_print}

;Top thickness: {top_thickness}

;Bed temperature: {material_bed_temperature}

;Min infill area: {min_infill_area}

;Infill density: {infill_sparse_density}

;Print temperature: {material_print_temperature}

;Fan Speed: {cool_fan_speed}

M190 S{material_bed_temperature} ;Sets Bed to correct temperature and wait

M104 S{material_print_temperature} ;Sets extruder to correct temperature

M109 S{material_print_temperature} ;Sets extruder to correct temperature and wait

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

is it working on 2.6.2 too? my 2.7 crashes always at startup :-(

i had the same problem on mac but i fixed it by simply clicking show package content and then /contents/MacOS/ and just open Cura. i had to do that one time and now i can open it normally.(i am guessing it should also work similar on windows)

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta
    I'm running it on 10.11.12 and it works OK' date=' but crashes on Exit every time.[/quote']

We fixed this for the stable release. Thanks for the report.

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

I'd like to tell you about the new Doodle3D WiFi-Box plugin we made for Cura. It's now available in the Cura 2.7's new Plugin Browser.

The plugin uploads the GCODE produced by Cura to a secured server from where your Doodle3D WiFi-Box (if you have one) will fetch the file and prints it on your Ultimaker or other open-source printer. It works for all Ultimaker models except the UM3 but that one is already wireless :-)

doodle3d-cura.png

• Like 2

Posted (edited) · Cura 2.7 | Beta

Works great, no issues!! I wish you can add manual supports function to the software!

Edited by Guest

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

When I try to import Solidwork files using the plugin on Windows 10, the program just hangs... Otherwise, I like the black theme!

• Like 1

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

Looks great! But for some odd reason, Cura refuses to import Solidworks files using the Solidworks plugin. Using Solidworks 2016 on a modern Windows 10 laptop.

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

Cura 2.7 beta crashes when I add TweakatZ-Plugin.

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

I noticed a problem when trying to slice a model only with core 2 (for model, brim and support) on a UM3: the available space is no longer extended to the right after the model is loaded and assigned to core 2. It still works for core 1.

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

If I add this to the start code of a machine only the 3 last lines are saved when I start the program again.

This is a known issue; lines that start with a semi-colon are properly saved into configuration files, but ignored when loading them back in. There's a fix for it in theory, but it is kind of an extreme meassure which may impact other areas of configurations.

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

This is a known issue; lines that start with a semi-colon are properly saved into configuration files, but ignored when loading them back in. There's a fix for it in theory, but it is kind of an extreme meassure which may impact other areas of configurations.

Okay, Just I like to have this data in my gcode file. Is there another way?

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

Okay, Just I like  to have this data in my gcode file. Is there another way?

Well, you could try prepending each line with a harmless gcode command, such as G21 (which sets the units to MM, which they should already be).

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

There's a problem between the two windows5a333e84a21fd_Capturedcran2017-08-2218_55_51.thumb.jpg.61ee89e1c38daf6d40a080e22fbb71d7.jpg

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

There's a problem between the two windows5a333e84a21fd_Capturedcran2017-08-2218_55_51.thumb.jpg.61ee89e1c38daf6d40a080e22fbb71d7.jpg

Thx! We will have a look!

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

Trying to find a setting that would make cura 2.7 look for a non-existent D:\ drive on load. Every time I launch I have to press continue over 20 times to get the app to run.

Thanks,

kj

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

Trying to find a setting that would make cura 2.7 look for a non-existent D:\ drive on load.  Every time I launch I have to press continue over 20 times to get the app to run.

Thanks,

kj

Damnit. I thought I fixed that.

If you disable the WindowsRemovableDrive plugin you shouldn't have the problem anymore.

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

No Nallath, 2.7 still has the problem. :( My solution is to actually keep an SD card in the drive that it's complaining about. In my case it is the D drive, which is in fact a removable drive in the multi card reader on the front panel of my computer tower.

While I found this same error in current release (not beta) my work around has been to make sure  I do not let it close with "Save to Removable". The odd part is that even when ejecting the drive properly through windows, it does not revert back to "Save to File." It sees the drive going in but not going out.

Edited by Guest

If you disable the WindowsRemovableDrive plugin you shouldn't have the problem anymore.

When asked people with affected systems to entirely remove the WindowsRemovableDrive plugin folder, the issue still did not go away.

Using the ProcessActivityView utility (from that webbrowser module thread) I can see that the actual problem is that Cura.exe tries to open files from d:\env and d:\2.6 (ie: remnants from the build-system). I know I suggested this before, but with the utility I now have the prove:

d-drive.thumb.png.afb4d44d716496ecf7cc3d353e822ff9.png

Because my D-drive is a standard windows 10 recovery drive, the calls fail silently. If you have an empty removable drive, you can imagine how it is logical for Windows to ask you to insert a disk.

The recent fix in WindowsRemovableDrive may have silenced some of the messages (though apparently not all), but the actual issue is not with that plugin but with the build system / Py2Exe.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

If its not to late, I would like to make a feature request.

When importing projects, for me, I just use it for print parameters, and object placements. I only have one printer, and I have custom G-code for beginning and ending.

When I import a project from a while ago, its possible I made a few changes to my printer by then, and some of the custom settings have been tweaked. Well when the import happens, I have an option to update current printer, or create a new one.

Well I dont really want a new one because new printers stack up as Printer #1, #2, #3, etc....and I dont really want to update my current one because its been tweaked a bit since the last time I created this old project.

Instead, an option to possibly "Ignore" printer settings in the project file, and just load object placement and other non printer specific settings?

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

Just to add to that, Has the annoying problem of projects importing and creating additional machines been taken care of? It even happens when I bring in a project created from scratch in the current version.

Or tell it to just use the current machine?

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

Instead, an option to possibly "Ignore" printer settings in the project file, and just load object placement and other non printer specific settings?

If you open a project file, you should get a question if you want to open it as a project, or if you want to import the models. If you don't, please check the "Opening and savinf files" section in the General settings.